    have to turn them off again.

    Is there a way to keep this from happening?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Greg Smith, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Greg Smith

    Jeff Evans Guest

    Greg Smith < > wrote:
    > I am developing a form that uses a lot of Web Form controls (not HTML). I
    > disable certain controls in sequence, but as I click on other buttons
    > on the form the disabled controls get reset to their original state,
    > enabled, and I have to turn them off again.
    > Is there a way to keep this from happening?
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Do these "other buttons" cause postbacks? If so, you will need to make sure
    Viewstate is enabled or the "Enabled" property value for any controls you
    set will not be remembered. In that case, you would have to set "Enabled"
    to false explicity each request for each control, based on whatever criteria
    you choose.

    Jeff Evans, Dec 17, 2004