Blocking Pop-Ups From Websites That I Open On My Webpage

Ryan Sheehy

If I have a web page on my website labelled "testing.html" that only
has the following code (which is only an example, but does work):

<head>
<title>Car Secrets</title>
URL="http://www.carsecrets.com">
</head>

What would be the javascript code (or HTML code) that would block the
target webpage's pop-up ads from coming up (being
http://www.carsecrets.com/popup.html)?

Would the script be any different if the website had a pop up when the
user closed the page (if the source web page had some pop up come up
when a user left their site)?

Thanks,

Ryan

David Dorward

Ryan said:
What would be the javascript code (or HTML code) that would block the
target webpage's pop-up ads from coming up

You can not create any form of link to a third party site which would
disable popups coming from that site. Suggest your users get a better
browser instead. <http://switch2firefox.com/>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:
Ryan said:
What would be the javascript code (or HTML code) that would block the
target webpage's pop-up ads from coming up

You can not create any form of link to a third party site which would
disable popups coming from that site. [...]

Well, depending on the DOM and on the event handling structure of that
document, you can. But since abuse of such code is likely, I think is
best not to reveal how.

PointedEars