Blog Musing: "contextual usage patterns"

Developer Relations

An interesting post by Andy Roberts, CTO of Bowstreet.

"One of the things lacking with any OO programming language like Java is the
idea of capturing 'contextual usage patterns'. By this I mean the ability
to capture the essence of how an object is to be used in the context of
various environments. I use the term "contextual usage pattern" to mean the
usage pattern of an object in some context....

More: http://radio.weblogs.com/0131247/

-S

Andrew Thompson

| An interesting post by Andy Roberts, CTO of Bowstreet.
|
| "One of the things lacking with any OO programming language
like Java is the
| idea of capturing 'contextual usage patterns'. By this I mean
the ability
| to capture the essence of how an object is to be used in the
context of
| various environments. I use the term "contextual usage
pattern" to mean the
| usage pattern of an object in some context....

...sssh. Don't tell Bertie Wooster.