Blogging software

Mark Probert

Hi ..

What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Tomson

Hi ..

What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

I'm using _why's Hobix for a photo/text blog:

http://hobix.com/

So far it's working pretty well for me. I'm using webrick as the server.

Use a variation of this little script to use webrick with hobix:

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
require 'webrick'
include WEBrick

s = HTTPServer.new(
:port => 2501,
#path to your htdocs dir
:DocumentRoot => "/home/phil/weblogs/htdocs"
)

## mount subdirectories
require 'hobix/config'
require 'hobix/weblog'
config = File.open( File.expand_path( "/home/phil/.hobixrc" ) ) { |f|
YAML::load( f ) }
config['weblogs'].each do |name, path|
weblog = Hobix::Weblog.load( path )
s.mount("/#{ name }", HTTPServlet::FileHandler, weblog.output_path)
end

trap("INT"){ s.shutdown }
s.start

It's been running on my Linux box at home in Oregon since early
December with no intervention from me (I've been in Italy all that time) -
though I did upgrade my Hobix remotely a couple of weeks back (a bit
scary, yes) but the webrick server didn't need to be stopped. I've got
it set up so that I can send email with a particular subject line to a
particular address and it gets posted to the blog.

Phil

Martin DeMello

Mark Probert said:
Hi ..

What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

hobix (running why's blog) looks very impressive - for one it's got a
superbly usable comment system.

martin

Szymon Drejewicz

- lightweight
- flexible
- run under webrick

hmm... Hobix? :)

(go hobix.com)

Zach Dennis

Mark said:
Hi ..

What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

Thanks in advance,

I first tried Hobix, but had some problems up front which never got
answered, so I moved to Rublog and it is running my blog
(http://blog.mktec.com/zdennis)

Nothing fancy, but easy to use.

Zach

Mark Probert

Hi ..

Hi ..

What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something
that is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.
Thanks, everyone.

I had a quick look at hobix and couldn't get it going in a hurry. The install
was fun but it kept falling over when I followed the rules.

I got rublog up and going very quickly. The only thing that I noticed is that
MT3 stylesheets don't seem to be supported, and some of the MT2 stylesheets
are not rendered correctly (calander at the bottom of the page in Gettysburg,
for example).

Many thanks to why_ and Dave for this software!

Regards,