    Thanks in advance,

    --
    -mark. (probertm at acm dot org)
    Mark Probert, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Mark Probert

    Phil Tomson Guest

    In article <>,
    Mark Probert <> wrote:

    >Hi ..
    >
    >What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
    >is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

    I'm using _why's Hobix for a photo/text blog:

    http://hobix.com/

    So far it's working pretty well for me. I'm using webrick as the server.

    Use a variation of this little script to use webrick with hobix:

    #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
    require 'webrick'
    include WEBrick

    s = HTTPServer.new(
    :port => 2501,
    #path to your htdocs dir
    :DocumentRoot => "/home/phil/weblogs/htdocs"
    )

    ## mount subdirectories
    require 'hobix/config'
    require 'hobix/weblog'
    config = File.open( File.expand_path( "/home/phil/.hobixrc" ) ) { |f|
    YAML::load( f ) }
    config['weblogs'].each do |name, path|
    weblog = Hobix::Weblog.load( path )
    s.mount("/#{ name }", HTTPServlet::FileHandler, weblog.output_path)
    end

    trap("INT"){ s.shutdown }
    s.start

    It's been running on my Linux box at home in Oregon since early
    December with no intervention from me (I've been in Italy all that time) -
    though I did upgrade my Hobix remotely a couple of weeks back (a bit
    scary, yes) but the webrick server didn't need to be stopped. I've got
    it set up so that I can send email with a particular subject line to a
    particular address and it gets posted to the blog.

    Phil
    Phil Tomson, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Mark Probert <> wrote:

    > Hi ..
    >
    > What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
    > is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

    hobix (running why's blog) looks very impressive - for one it's got a
    superbly usable comment system.

    martin
    Martin DeMello, Feb 3, 2005
  4. - lightweight
    - flexible
    - run under webrick

    hmm... Hobix? :)

    (go hobix.com)

    --
    Szymon Drejewicz
    Szymon Drejewicz, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Mark Probert

    Zach Dennis Guest

    Mark Probert wrote:
    > Hi ..
    >
    > What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something that
    > is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    I first tried Hobix, but had some problems up front which never got
    answered, so I moved to Rublog and it is running my blog
    (http://blog.mktec.com/zdennis)

    Nothing fancy, but easy to use.

    Zach
    Zach Dennis, Feb 3, 2005
  6. tony summerfelt, Feb 3, 2005
  7. Mark Probert

    Mark Probert Guest

    Hi ..

    On Wednesday 02 February 2005 16:54, I wrote:
    > Hi ..
    >
    > What are your thoughts on blogging software? I am looking for something
    > that is flexible, pretty lightweight, and able to run under webrick.

    Thanks, everyone.

    I had a quick look at hobix and couldn't get it going in a hurry. The install
    was fun but it kept falling over when I followed the rules.

    I got rublog up and going very quickly. The only thing that I noticed is that
    MT3 stylesheets don't seem to be supported, and some of the MT2 stylesheets
    are not rendered correctly (calander at the bottom of the page in Gettysburg,
    for example).

    Many thanks to why_ and Dave for this software!

    Regards,

    --
    -mark. (probertm at acm dot org)
    Mark Probert, Feb 3, 2005