Blogs

Josh Charles

Hey all,

In the .NET world, there is blogs.msdn.com, in the Mono world, there
is monologue. Is there a gathering place for ruby bloggers to code
about what they are working on or just blog in general? There are
several individual blogs I subscribe to (redhanded, loudthinking,
yombar), but I know I'm missing some. google blog search isn't really
that helpful. If there isn't a central aggragator, can I get some
suggestions about who to watch?

Josh

Florian Groß

Josh said:
In the .NET world, there is blogs.msdn.com, in the Mono world, there
is monologue. Is there a gathering place for ruby bloggers to code
about what they are working on or just blog in general? There are
several individual blogs I subscribe to (redhanded, loudthinking,
yombar), but I know I'm missing some. google blog search isn't really
that helpful. If there isn't a central aggragator, can I get some
suggestions about who to watch?

Sure:

* http://planetruby.0x42.net/
* http://www.artima.com/buzz/community.jsp?forum=123
* http://www.technorati.com/tags/ruby

Enjoy. :)

James Britt

Josh said:
Hey all,

In the .NET world, there is blogs.msdn.com, in the Mono world, there
is monologue. Is there a gathering place for ruby bloggers to code
about what they are working on or just blog in general?

The Internet.

There are
several individual blogs I subscribe to (redhanded, loudthinking,
yombar), but I know I'm missing some. google blog search isn't really
that helpful.

Artima's RubyBuzz aggregates numerous feeds from sites that are
self-described as Ruby-related, though from many sites you're just as
likely to get a review of Babylon 5 as you will a description of some
neat Ruby hack.
If there isn't a central aggregator, can I get some
suggestions about who to watch?

Follow this newsgroup/mailing list, see who writes things you find
interesting, then go see if they have a Web site.

Try to avoid the herd mentality or you'll miss the avant garde.

James