    Which is better? Bloodshed C or Miracle C?

    Or anyother free IDE C Compiler you like to recomend?

    Thank you so much!
    PCHOME, Jun 10, 2005

  2. PCHOME

    jacob navia Guest

    PCHOME wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I am looking for a good free IDE C Compiler.
    > Dose any have experience on using them?
    > Which is better? Bloodshed C or Miracle C?
    >
    > Or anyother free IDE C Compiler you like to recomend?
    >
    > Thank you so much!

    Miracle C is a 16 bit compiler for DOS.
    I do not know about its IDE.

    Bloodshed uses gcc as compiler, a 32 bit compiler.

    Another free compiler is Watcom, you can download it from:
    http://www.openwatcom.org/ (C+C++)

    Another free compiler (without the IDE) is
    Minimalist gcc for windows (MINGW)

    And I am not finished yet.
    Pelles C is another one, with IDE, and an active user group.
    http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/

    Microsoft allows downloads of some command line tools.
    Search at MSDN for their free versions. No debugger
    available but you can download Windbg for free.

    Borland does the same, and you can download their command
    line tools from their site. No IDE or debugger included.

    I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
    mention it again... :)

    jacob
    jacob navia, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Emmanuel Delahaye, Jun 10, 2005
  4. PCHOME

    Paul Mesken Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:28:06 +0200, jacob navia
    <> wrote:

    >I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
    >mention it again... :)

    This one? :)

    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    You cannot avoid flame wars. There's a fanatical clique here that uses
    the Standard as a Bible for their religion and as a reason for Holy
    Wars. I wonder if they have time to program at all :)
    Paul Mesken, Jun 10, 2005
  5. PCHOME

    PCHOME Guest

    Thank you so much very your help!
    Have a nice day.
    PCHOME, Jun 10, 2005
  6. PCHOME

    CBFalconer Guest

    Paul Mesken wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
    >> mention it again... :)

    > This one? :)
    >
    > http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    However that was a context in which it would have generated no
    hubris. The objections are to pushing the non-standardisms.

    CBFalconer, Jun 11, 2005
  7. In article <>,
    Paul Mesken <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:28:06 +0200, jacob navia
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
    >>mention it again... :)

    >This one? :)
    >
    >http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32
    >
    >You cannot avoid flame wars. There's a fanatical clique here that uses
    >the Standard as a Bible for their religion and as a reason for Holy
    >Wars. I wonder if they have time to program at all :)

    Well said, sir!

    The funny thing is how similar those people are to the religious fundies
    who are currently running this country (the USA). And yet, I would imagine
    (although I certainly can't be sure of this - and it would be funny to find
    out that the opposite is true) that these same people (the religious nuts
    of this newsgroup) are normal, sensible, people in real life.
    Kenny McCormack, Jun 11, 2005