bloodshed dev c++ compiler

pauldepstein

Just installed dev cpp on Windows XP. When I try to compile programs,
however simple, I always get the message Linker error undefined
reference to cpu_features_init. Could someone please help me rectify
this problem.

I apologise if this is slightly O.T. because it refers to a specific
compiler. However, it's important to me to get an answer fairly
quickly. A newsgroup on the specific topic of the bloodshed dev
compiler would be very much less active.

Thank you very much for your help,

Paul Epstein

Ian Collins

Just installed dev cpp on Windows XP. When I try to compile programs,
however simple, I always get the message Linker error undefined
reference to cpu_features_init. Could someone please help me rectify
this problem.

I apologise if this is slightly O.T. because it refers to a specific
compiler. However, it's important to me to get an answer fairly
quickly. A newsgroup on the specific topic of the bloodshed dev
compiler would be very much less active.
But frequented by people who are more likely to know the answer and reply.

Charles

When I try to compile programs...I always get the message
Linker error undefined reference to cpu_features_init.

In general, the linker error message "undefined reference" means that you have
told the compiler that "cpu_features_init" exists, that is, you have declared
it. The compiler has told you that it can't find the definition of
"cpu_features_init."

Is the definition contained in a library that you haven't told the compiler
about? Is it in some piece of source code that should have been compiled at the
same time as the rest of the program?

Jason

Just installed dev cpp on Windows XP. When I try to compile programs,
however simple, I always get the message Linker error undefined
reference to cpu_features_init. Could someone please help me rectify
this problem.

I apologise if this is slightly O.T. because it refers to a specific
compiler. However, it's important to me to get an answer fairly
quickly. A newsgroup on the specific topic of the bloodshed dev
compiler would be very much less active.

Thank you very much for your help,

Paul Epstein

This is exactly the problem that I had before. I've both dev-cpp and a
standalone mingw installed. At some point, dev-cpp failed to work but
mingw still did. And my workaround is to replace the entire /lib and /
bin directories in dev-cpp with those in mingw.

Still don't know how that happened. Anyway, hope this helps.

Jason Zou.