Bloomberg interview questions for java

sweety

I recently got a call for interview from Bloomberg. dose anybody know
what kind of questions they might ask in java in a phone interview ?

Martin Gregorie

sweety said:
I recently got a call for interview from Bloomberg. dose anybody know
what kind of questions they might ask in java in a phone interview ?
In-depth technical ones. Their interviewers are real tekkies, not HR-droids.

Lew

Martin said:
In-depth technical ones. Their interviewers are real tekkies, not
HR-droids.

I'm not familiar with Bloomberg, but I am with in-depth techie-driven
interviews. If you prepare as though for the Java certification exam you
should be all right.

- Lew

Martin Gregorie

Lew said:
I'm not familiar with Bloomberg, but I am with in-depth techie-driven
interviews. If you prepare as though for the Java certification exam you
should be all right.
More depth than Java certification.

They're likely to ask about highly detailed stuff such as the
performance overheads of threads vs multiple processes in the context of
in-memory databases when comparing banks of uniprocessor systems with
SMP boxes. They may well also touch on topics such as code maintenance
and reimplementing legacy code in new hardware and/or in new languages.
They'll expect you to analyse and justify your answers too.

Lew

Martin said:
More depth than Java certification.

They're likely to ask about highly detailed stuff such as the
performance overheads of threads vs multiple processes in the context of
in-memory databases when comparing banks of uniprocessor systems with
SMP boxes.

That depends on the context-switch times, which vary widely depending on
hardware and O.S. QNX on an Intel/AMD will way outperform Windows, to the
point where thread/process distinctions are meaningless. QNX also has a very
efficient interprocessor communication protocol that is bound more by the
hardware latencies than any O.S. prejudice about uni- vs. multi-processor
systems. Many flavors of Linux have similar considerations; AFAIR Java on
Linux maps threads to processes.

(Further blather ...)

- Lew

Joined
Jun 30, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
sweety said:
I recently got a call for interview from Bloomberg. dose anybody know
what kind of questions they might ask in java in a phone interview ?

Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

Rgs