BlowFish decrypting

Discussion in 'C++' started by Claus Wanner, Nov 3, 2005.

  1. Claus Wanner

    Claus Wanner Guest

    Hi NewsGroup,

    some days ago i've started to coding an decryting function to decyrpt
    a Passwort.

    The password is BlowFish encrypted and than Base64 encodet.
    An other application send the password to me in this form.

    Note: A java-application encrypt and encode the password and send it to
    my application about an HTTP-Request (intranet, SSL).

    Now i want de decode and decrypt the passwort to logon at a backend-system.
    My Problem is, that the decoded and decrypted password, doesn't end
    with '\0' and so i have some unmeant character in the passwort.
    I use the BlowFish-Implementation from: http://www.codeas.com/solutions.php

    Example:
    Note: the passwort must have between 5 and 8 characters AND i don't know
    the passwortlength in normal-/ASCII-Form.

    Passwort = "start00"
    Encrypted + Encodet = "HJAHRJhdj&878fm=" (for example only!)
    Decodet + Decrypted = "start00#"

    The # is anywise too much!

    I'm very thanksful for any hit!

    cu
    Claus
    Claus Wanner, Nov 3, 2005

  2. On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:00:34 +0100, Claus Wanner wrote:
    > Hi NewsGroup,
    >
    > some days ago i've started to coding an decryting function to decyrpt
    > a Passwort.
    > [...explanation snipped...]

    I think this is covered in the FAQ (believe it or not), namely in
    #5.8. Find FAQ here: http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Claus Wanner

    Ufit Guest

    "Claus Wanner" <> wrote in message news:dkdqci$t7q$02$-online.com...

    > Passwort = "start00"
    > Encrypted + Encodet = "HJAHRJhdj&878fm=" (for example only!)
    > Decodet + Decrypted = "start00#"
    >
    > The # is anywise too much!
    >
    > I'm very thanksful for any hit!
    >
    > cu
    > Claus

    Every coded password should end with <CRLF>
    that's when you decode it - look for those 2 chars at the string end.
    If you don't set the password try to find an ending sequence
    that repeats itself contantly in the string.
    I came across 2 ways - (encoded pass) + (raw)<crlf> and (encoded pass+<crlf>)
    Maybe that helps.

    UF
    Ufit, Nov 4, 2005