BlueCloth bug?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Brian Schröder, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. Hello Group,

    I'm toying around with BlueCloth, and wonder why I get the following
    behaviour:

    irb(main):008:0> (BlueCloth.new "test\n\n Code").to_html
    => "<p>test</p>\n\n<p>Code</p>"

    I expected
    => "<p>test</p>\n\n<pre>Code</pre>"
    because the MarkDown Documentation states that 4 Spaces or one Tab make
    a block a codeblock.

    Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

    Brian
    --
    Brian Schröder
    http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/
     
    Brian Schröder, Sep 27, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. The code you provide generated
    "<p>test</p>\n\n<pre><code>Code\n</code></pre>" with Ruby 1.8 and
    BlueCloth 1.0.0 installed through RubyGems. As this appears to be the
    correct output, check that you are using the latest version of
    BlueCloth.


    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:49:08 +0900, Brian Schröder
    <> wrote:
    > Hello Group,
    >
    > I'm toying around with BlueCloth, and wonder why I get the following
    > behaviour:
    >
    > irb(main):008:0> (BlueCloth.new "test\n\n Code").to_html
    > => "<p>test</p>\n\n<p>Code</p>"
    >
    > I expected
    > => "<p>test</p>\n\n<pre>Code</pre>"
    > because the MarkDown Documentation states that 4 Spaces or one Tab make
    > a block a codeblock.
    >
    > Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > Brian
    > --
    > Brian Schröder
    > http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/
    >
    >
     
    Patrick Spence, Sep 27, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Thanks for testing it. I used rpa to install bluecloth and assumed it
    would be the current version. But it seems to be an old 0.0.3b version.

    regards,

    Brian


    Patrick Spence wrote:
    > The code you provide generated
    > "<p>test</p>\n\n<pre><code>Code\n</code></pre>" with Ruby 1.8 and
    > BlueCloth 1.0.0 installed through RubyGems. As this appears to be the
    > correct output, check that you are using the latest version of
    > BlueCloth.
    >
    >
    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:49:08 +0900, Brian Schröder
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello Group,
    >>
    >>I'm toying around with BlueCloth, and wonder why I get the following
    >>behaviour:
    >>
    >>irb(main):008:0> (BlueCloth.new "test\n\n Code").to_html
    >>=> "<p>test</p>\n\n<p>Code</p>"
    >>
    >>I expected
    >>=> "<p>test</p>\n\n<pre>Code</pre>"
    >>because the MarkDown Documentation states that 4 Spaces or one Tab make
    >>a block a codeblock.
    >>
    >>Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    >>
    >>Brian
    >>--
    >>Brian Schröder
    >>http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/
    >>
    >>

    >
    >



    --
    Brian Schröder
    http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/
     
    Brian Schröder, Sep 27, 2004
    #3
  4. On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 09:31:26PM +0900, Brian Schröder wrote:
    > Thanks for testing it. I used rpa to install bluecloth and assumed it
    > would be the current version. But it seems to be an old 0.0.3b version.


    Bluecloth 1.0.0 is now in RPA (I had missed that release); just
    rpa update
    rpa install bluecloth
    to get it.
    --
    Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
    batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com
     
    Mauricio Fernández, Sep 27, 2004
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Michael Granger
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    165
    David Heinemeier Hansson
    Apr 16, 2004
  2. Michael Granger

    [ANN] BlueCloth 0.0.2 (beta)

    Michael Granger, Apr 16, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    402
    David Heinemeier Hansson
    Apr 20, 2004
  3. Michael Granger

    [ANN] BlueCloth-0.0.3b

    Michael Granger, Apr 30, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    93
    Michael Granger
    Apr 30, 2004
  4. Michael Granger

    [ANN] BlueCloth-1.0.0fc3

    Michael Granger, Aug 31, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    115
    Michael Granger
    Aug 31, 2004
  5. Lloyd Zusman

    BlueCloth bold/italic problem.

    Lloyd Zusman, Nov 20, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    129
    Lloyd Zusman
    Nov 20, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page