    line prompt. Could someone give me some advice?

    Thanks in advance,
    Edward Rice

    Edward Rice, Jul 3, 2003

  2. On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:07:51 -0700, Edward Rice wrote:

    > I am a newbie at a Java IDE called BlueJ (www.bluej.org). I have come
    > across the problem that I do not know how to send arguments to the
    > program in BlueJ, but I do know how to send arguments using a command
    > line prompt. Could someone give me some advice?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Edward Rice

    Command line starting of a program calls the public static void
    main(String[]) mothod. You can do this in BlueJ by right-clicking the
    class's icon and selecting the main method. Bluej then presents you with a
    dialog where you can specify the contents of the array. Type the arguments
    in between the braces, remembering to put commas between them and to put
    every String value in double-quotes like this:
    {"arg1","arg 2", "arg three"}
    then click OK.

    Steve

    Steve Horsley, Jul 4, 2003