    Gurjant Guest

    I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    supports it . pls give me any reference

    Gurjant, Dec 19, 2007

  2. Gurjant

    rf Guest

    "Gurjant" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    > supports it . pls give me any reference

    You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
    web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
    or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

    Google. There are hundreds of them out there. If you are using Windows you
    already have one. It's called Paint.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 19, 2007

  3. Gurjant

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-12-19, rf <> wrote:

    > "Gurjant" <> wrote in message
    >>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    >> supports it . pls give me any reference

    > You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
    > web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
    > or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

    Is jpeg ever lossless?

    Ben C, Dec 19, 2007
  4. Ben C wrote:

    > On 2007-12-19, rf <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Gurjant" <> wrote in message
    >>>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    >>> supports it . pls give me any reference

    >> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
    >> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
    >> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

    > Is jpeg ever lossless?

    Good question, even for the highest quality (least compression) level.

    If it weren't almost 5 AM I'd do some testing.

    G'night. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2007
  5. Gurjant

    rf Guest

    "Ben C" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-12-19, rf <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Gurjant" <> wrote in message
    >>>I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    >>> supports it . pls give me any reference

    >> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for
    >> the
    >> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for
    >> drawings)
    >> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.

    > Is jpeg ever lossless?

    Typo. Lossy.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 19, 2007
  6. Gurjant

    Gurjant Guest

    On Dec 19, 4:30 pm, "rf" <> wrote:
    > "Gurjant" <> wrote in message

    > >I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    > > supports it . pls give me any reference

    > You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for the
    > web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for drawings)
    > or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.
    >
    > Google. There are hundreds of them out there. If you are using Windows you
    > already have one. It's called Paint.
    >
    > --
    > Richard.

    I don't want to publish image for web but I need BMP images in which
    8 or 4 bit RLE implimented for test. If you know the editor that
    supports it pls tell me
    Regards:-
    -Gurjant

    Gurjant, Dec 20, 2007
  7. Gurjant

    rf Guest

    "Gurjant" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 19, 4:30 pm, "rf" <> wrote:
    >> "Gurjant" <> wrote in message

    >> >I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    >> > supports it . pls give me any reference

    >> You don't want BMP images of any description if you are publishing for
    >> the
    >> web. Look for editors that save as gif (8 bit, lossless, good for
    >> drawings)
    >> or jpeg, (lossless, good for pictures). PNG is also an option.
    >>
    >> Google. There are hundreds of them out there. If you are using Windows
    >> you
    >> already have one. It's called Paint.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Richard.

    > I don't want to publish image for web but I need BMP images in which
    > 8 or 4 bit RLE implimented for test. If you know the editor that
    > supports it pls tell me

    See the HTML bit in the name of this newsgroup. This [usually] implies web.
    For web we use JPEG, GIF or PNG.

    If you want specific details on how to save BMP files then you are probably
    better off in one of the microsoft groups. Either that or do what google
    groupers never seem to be able to do: google for it. "bmp 8 bit rle" gave me
    19,200 hits. Add the word "editor" and it narrows down to 8,990. Surely one
    of them might give you a clue.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 20, 2007
  8. Gurjant

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Gurjant wrote:
    > I want bmp compressed images using 8 bit and 4 bit which editor
    > supports it . pls give me any reference

    Enable gzip compression on your web server.

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, Dec 20, 2007