Bobby or something like that.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    brucie Guest

    In post <8D2eb.30769$>
    Luigi Donatello Asero said...

    > I remember visiting a website which I found very good because it could
    > help to improve the sites even when they already validate as CSS and HTML
    > 4.01 strict.
    > I thinkt the name was bobby or something like that. Do you know the adress?

    be aware that bobby is unable to correctly parse valid html documents
    and reports problems where non exist. also design for your human
    visitors, not to appease a program so you can put an "approved" button
    on your site.

    bobby "accessibility" validator http://bobby.watchfire.com/
    A-Prompt (Accessibility Prompt) http://aprompt.snow.utoronto.ca/
    Website analysis http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
    Website Checklist http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/checklist.html

    --
    30/September/2003 08:51:46 am

    brucie, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Toby A Inkster, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:46:28 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    <> wrote:

    >I remember visiting a website which I found very good because it could
    >help to improve the sites even when they already validate as CSS and HTML
    >4.01
    >strict.
    >I thinkt the name was bobby or something like that. Do you know the adress?

    Used to be http://cast.org/bobby

    Now http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/index.jsp

    Bobby has limitations, but it's what you asked for.
    --
    Smert' spamionam

    Andy Dingley, Sep 30, 2003
  5. "brucie" <-html.org> skrev i meddelandet
    > In post <8D2eb.30769$>
    > Luigi Donatello Asero said...
    >
    > > I remember visiting a website which I found very good because it could
    > > help to improve the sites even when they already validate as CSS and

    HTML
    > > 4.01 strict.
    > > I thinkt the name was bobby or something like that. Do you know the

    adress?

    > be aware that bobby is unable to correctly parse valid html documents
    > and reports problems where non exist. also design for your human
    > visitors, not to appease a program so you can put an "approved" button
    > on your site.
    >
    > bobby "accessibility" validator http://bobby.watchfire.com/
    > A-Prompt (Accessibility Prompt) http://aprompt.snow.utoronto.ca/
    > Website analysis http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
    > Website Checklist http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/checklist.html
    >

    > --
    > 30/September/2003 08:51:46 am

    Thank you for the useful links. Yes, of course programs have limitations.
    About http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
    I tested the page www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
    and as far as I understand it is good to have a css external link which has
    a size which is within one higher-speed TCP-IP packet (or an approximate
    multiple thereof).
    Now I have 2320 bytes in my external link which is exactly twice as 1160.
    Still I got "caution" as result. I wonder why.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 30, 2003

    > "brucie" <-html.org> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In post <8D2eb.30769$>
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero said...
    > >
    > > > I remember visiting a website which I found very good because it

    could
    > > > help to improve the sites even when they already validate as CSS and

    > HTML
    > > > 4.01 strict.
    > > > I thinkt the name was bobby or something like that. Do you know the

    > adress?
    > >
    > > be aware that bobby is unable to correctly parse valid html documents
    > > and reports problems where non exist. also design for your human
    > > visitors, not to appease a program so you can put an "approved" button
    > > on your site.
    > >
    > > bobby "accessibility" validator http://bobby.watchfire.com/
    > > A-Prompt (Accessibility Prompt) http://aprompt.snow.utoronto.ca/
    > > Website analysis http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
    > > Website Checklist

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/checklist.html

    > > --
    > > 30/September/2003 08:51:46 am

    > Thank you for the useful links. Yes, of course programs have limitations.
    > About http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
    > I tested the page www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
    > and as far as I understand it is good to have a css external link which

    has
    > a size which is within one higher-speed TCP-IP packet (or an approximate
    > multiple thereof).
    > Now I have 2320 bytes in my external link which is exactly twice as 1160.
    > Still I got "caution" as result. I wonder why.

    Does not a higher-speed TCP-IP packet have a size of 1160 bytes?
    - -
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/keramikitalien.html
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/traduzioni.html