Body onload doesn't fire if frame load fails.

Robert Oschler

I have an frame in one of my documents (not a frameset document). The top
level document has an "onload" handler in the BODY tag. I have found that
if the frame is unable to navigate to the document it desires, the top
level document "onload" handler does not fire, and therefore important
Javascript function I need called is not called.

The frame document's URL belongs to a service which is not always available,
and when it isn't available, a 404 error results in the frame and ends up
neutering the top level document body onload handler.

I can deal with the 404 error, but is there some way to ensure that the top
level document's body onload handler fires?

thx

--

Robert Oschler
"Let the web hear you, add your voice to your web site in minutes!"

ManoDestra

I don't understand. What kind of frame is it if it isn't in a frameset? Is
it an iframe?

Peter.