Boo: Statically typed Python with type inference is done (well, kinda ;-)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ville Vainio, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Ville Vainio

    Ville Vainio Guest

    Ville Vainio, Jul 16, 2004

  2. On 16 Jul 2004 16:36:43 +0300, rumours say that Ville Vainio
    <> might have written:

    >Perhaps that .NET / Mono thing is going to be worthwhile after
    >all. Projects seem to be suprisingly succesful on it.

    So it seems. Boo, also, seems attractive (at least to the eyes of two
    Python outsiders I discussed it with, people who would like Python but
    don't have a chance in their corporations to use it).

    What's the status of IronPython btw? Will it have a chance to get a
    presence and momentum in the oncoming .NET/Mono imperium?

    Stay tuned, folks.
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
    "Tssss!" --Brad Pitt as Achilles in unprecedented Ancient Greek

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Re: Re: Boo: Statically typed Python with type inference is done(well, kinda ; -)

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:07:27 +0300, Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou
    <> wrote:
    > Boo, also, seems attractive (at least to the eyes of two
    > Python outsiders I discussed it with, people who would like Python but
    > don't have a chance in their corporations to use it).

    I agree. Coming from an all-MS shop, Python sometimes ends up being
    the square peg in the round hole for me. I use it where possible, but
    even with the help of the win32 libraries, it doesn't always "feel
    right". I look forward to using Boo or IronPython (should it ever be
    released) in my day-to-day .NET dealings.

    > What's the status of IronPython btw? Will it have a chance to get a
    > presence and momentum in the oncoming .NET/Mono imperium?

    Maybe Jim could actually comment on this? I haven't heard anything
    about the project since PyCon back in March.

    Shawn

    Shawn Wheatley, Jul 16, 2004