Book: Agile Web Development with Rails

Corey Lawson

Yes. Anything like that on Slashdot is bound to evoke emotions... and
this story has brought out more than a few... *:)

Me, personally, if I had the power to influence between asp/asp.net
and Rails, I'd really push for Rails. They're both in about the same
league, but Rails is much more flexible than ASP.Net w.r.t. being so
tightly bound to the server. With one's Rails code, you can either
override what Rails is doing, or go into the code and do it there, for
everything. Not so with ASP.Net. All the JavaScript crud that it
generates for the client are pretty IE-specific (and being anti-others
in a few cases). Generate a form dyamically from your server, but
actually post it to another? VERY obscure to do in ASP.Net. Stuff like
that.

Oh, that someone figured out how to use FastCGI+Rails with IIS is good, too=

-Corey

Ara.T.Howard

thanks _why - good stuff!

-a