Book exists?: "Definitive Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Perl"

David Combs

Does this book exist anywhere?

"Definitive Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Perl"

by `Tuomas J. Lukka,

(publisher said to be Apress?)

All google shows is lots of people *looking* for this book.

(and not finding it)

Anyone know anything about it?

David

Sherm Pendley

Does this book exist anywhere?

"Definitive Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Perl"

by `Tuomas J. Lukka,

(publisher said to be Apress?)

All google shows is lots of people *looking* for this book.

(and not finding it)

Anyone know anything about it?

I found a reference to it at an Australian book seller here:

<http://www.bookware.com.au/cgi-bin/bookware/1893115038>

That page says that publication was cancelled, which probably explains the
difficulty. It's hard to find a book that didn't get printed. :)

A *great* book about using OOP in Perl is "Learning Perl Objects, References
& Modules" from O'Reilly.

sherm--

brian d foy

Sherm said:
A *great* book about using OOP in Perl is "Learning Perl Objects, References
& Modules" from O'Reilly.

That book is now called "Intermediate Perl". Get the new edition which
updates everything for Perl 5.8. :)

Randal L. Schwartz

Eric> See perldoc perlboot, because it refers to another recommended book in the
Eric> SEE ALSO section.

Heh. It's odd that "perldoc perlboot", which I wrote, doesn't refer
to Intermediate Perl, yet. I'll have to get a docpatch in for 5.8.9.

Hobo Salesman

"Object oriented perl" by Damian Conway is very good, I just finished
it.