    (and not finding it)

    Anyone know anything about it?

    David
    David Combs, Jul 3, 2006

  2. (David Combs) writes:

    > Does this book exist anywhere?
    >
    > "Definitive Guide to Object-Oriented Programming in Perl"
    >
    > by `Tuomas J. Lukka,
    >
    > (publisher said to be Apress?)
    >
    > All google shows is lots of people *looking* for this book.
    >
    > (and not finding it)
    >
    > Anyone know anything about it?

    I found a reference to it at an Australian book seller here:

    <http://www.bookware.com.au/cgi-bin/bookware/1893115038>

    That page says that publication was cancelled, which probably explains the
    difficulty. It's hard to find a book that didn't get printed. :)

    A *great* book about using OOP in Perl is "Learning Perl Objects, References
    & Modules" from O'Reilly.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Jul 3, 2006

  3. David Combs wrote:

    > Does this book exist anywhere?

    See perldoc perlboot, because it refers to another recommended book in the
    SEE ALSO section.
    Eric R. Meyers, Jul 3, 2006
  4. David Combs

    brian d foy Guest

    In article <>, Sherm
    Pendley <> wrote:

    > A *great* book about using OOP in Perl is "Learning Perl Objects, References
    > & Modules" from O'Reilly.

    That book is now called "Intermediate Perl". Get the new edition which
    updates everything for Perl 5.8. :)

    brian d foy, Jul 3, 2006
  5. >>>>> "Eric" == Eric R Meyers <> writes:

    Eric> See perldoc perlboot, because it refers to another recommended book in the
    Eric> SEE ALSO section.

    Heh. It's odd that "perldoc perlboot", which I wrote, doesn't refer
    to Intermediate Perl, yet. I'll have to get a docpatch in for 5.8.9.

    Randal L. Schwartz, Jul 4, 2006
  6. "Object oriented perl" by Damian Conway is very good, I just finished
    it.
    Hobo Salesman, Jul 4, 2006