    coverge/documentation/reference about the STL.

    --
    Elias

    lallous, Jan 19, 2004

  2. "lallous" <> wrote...
    > This has been asked lots of times...however, can someone suggest a book
    > that, in addition to talking about C++ in depth, has almost full
    > coverge/documentation/reference about the STL.

    No, there is no single book that has that. You should have at least
    two books, one talking about the language proper and the other about
    the library. For the latter I recommend "The C++ Standard Library"
    by Nicolai Josuttis.

    Victor

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 19, 2004

  3. lallous

    jeffc Guest

    "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote in message
    > "lallous" <> wrote...
    > > This has been asked lots of times...however, can someone suggest a book
    > > that, in addition to talking about C++ in depth, has almost full
    > > coverge/documentation/reference about the STL.

    > No, there is no single book that has that. You should have at least
    > two books...

    Agreed.

    jeffc, Jan 19, 2004
  4. In article <bugvan$hob86$-berlin.de>, lallous wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > This has been asked lots of times...however, can someone suggest a book
    > that, in addition to talking about C++ in depth, has almost full
    > coverge/documentation/reference about the STL.

    One doesn't learn C++ from "a book", one learns it from a shelf of books
    (which you gradually acquire as you learn it)

    "The C++ Programming Language" (Stroustrup) is probably the least worst
    language reference out there, but its STL coverage ... is not exactly
    "almost full".

    The Josuttis' book mentioned by Victor is an excellent standard library
    reference (and has lots of good examples).

    Get both of these and glue them together if you want one book (-;

    If you want a *tutorial* book (not a reference) on the C++ language, you
    should get some other book (instead of Stroustrup)

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

    Donovan Rebbechi, Jan 19, 2004
  5. lallous

    Daqian Yang Guest

    C++ Complete Reference (3rd Ed.)

    this is a good book. if you want it, email me for that! :)

    Daqian Yang, Jan 19, 2004
  6. "Daqian Yang" <> wrote...
    > C++ Complete Reference (3rd Ed.)
    >
    > this is a good book. if you want it, email me for that! :)

    If I run out of kindle wood for my fireplace, I'll contact you.

    Victor Bazarov, Jan 19, 2004