    get me up to speed with Java. Give me some advice on what you people
    use...I know having a good book is VERY important.

    Thanks!
    Gennady Vayl, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Gennady  Vayl

    Rhino Guest

    "Gennady Vayl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I am an engineer that will need to program in Java soon. I had Object
    > Oriented C++ in high school and C in College. I need a book that would
    > get me up to speed with Java. Give me some advice on what you people
    > use...I know having a good book is VERY important.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Check the archives of this newsgroup via a Google newsgroups search. This
    question has been asked and answered MANY times. Also, check out
    comp.lang.java.help, which is more welcoming for newbies.

    Rhino
    Rhino, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Gennady  Vayl

    Guest

    Gennady Vayl wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am an engineer that will need to program in Java soon. I had Object
    > Oriented C++ in high school and C in College. I need a book that would
    > get me up to speed with Java. Give me some advice on what you people
    > use...I know having a good book is VERY important.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Thinking in Java
    http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/
    , Oct 1, 2005
  4. Gennady  Vayl

    James Yong Guest

    > Hi,
    > I am an engineer that will need to program in Java soon. I had Object
    > Oriented C++ in high school and C in College. I need a book that would
    > get me up to speed with Java. Give me some advice on what you people
    > use...I know having a good book is VERY important.
    >
    > Thanks!

    What sort of application are you writing soon? Mobile phone, web or desktop
    application?
    James Yong, Oct 1, 2005