    programming background and I guress 21 days could turn into weeks or even
    months. Or is there something better for someone like me? Thanks for any
    suggestions!
    Ed Randall, May 29, 2005

  2. Ed Randall wrote:
    > I found "Sams Teach Yourself Active Server Pages 3.0 in 21 Days
    > " and wonder if that would be a good book for a beginner. I don't
    > have a programming background and I guress 21 days could turn into
    > weeks or even months. Or is there something better for someone like
    > me? Thanks for any suggestions!

    Hire a consultant? ;-)

    I've never read that book. My company paid for me to attend a course given
    by Charles Carroll, which helped me quitte a bit, but I already had an
    extensive VB background. For somebody with no programming experience, you
    will have to judge whether or not it will be more expedient to hire a
    programmer than take the months that will be required to learn it yourself.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 29, 2005

  3. Ed Randall

    Ed Randall Guest

    At this point I'm afraid I wouldn't even be able to communicate effectively
    with a professional programmer. I have heard stories from other people that
    this is the crux of why so many projects never complete. After all, If I
    can't even speak the language how could a programmer know what I want?

    I think it would be better if I knew more before contacting a programmer.

    Ed Randall, May 29, 2005
  4. Ed Randall

    Ed Randall Guest

    Job security?

    Ed Randall, May 31, 2005
  5. Ed Randall wrote:
    > Job security?

    Huh? This seems like a non sequitor to me.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 1, 2005