    welcome.

    TIA,

    SusanV
    SusanV, May 22, 2007

  2. SusanV

    Mark Rae Guest

    "SusanV" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Time to learn something new, anyone have any recommendations for a good
    > reference book on ASP.Net?

    What level of ASP.NET knowledge do you already have, if any...?

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, May 22, 2007

  3. SusanV

    SusanV Guest

    Not much at all (have strong skills in VBA and HTML mainly), and half
    forgotten what I did know. Looking for something which ranges from basics to
    in depth.

    Thanks

    SusanV, May 22, 2007
  4. Programming ASP.NET by Jesse Liberty (O'Reilly Press).
    --
    David Anton
    www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQW50b24=?=, May 22, 2007
  5. Hello SusanV,

    Have u tried to use official online manuals there http://asp.net/learn/default.aspx?tabid=63
    ?
    What relates to books, I found Dino Esposito's ones are the best

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    Michael Nemtsev, May 22, 2007
  6. SusanV

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, May 22, 2007
  7. Jon Paal [MSMD], May 22, 2007
  8. The best all around ASP.NET book I've seen is probably "ASP.NET Unleashed"
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/067232542X...iveASIN=067232542X&adid=039J890ZDPN6SBPNYQX6&

    As for an AJAX book, I must shamelessly plug my new book, Beginning ASP.NET
    2.0 AJAX:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rrnet-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

    I have a more detailed list of ASP.NET related book recommendations here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/books.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 23, 2007
  9. If you are just starting out, I humbly recommend the best resource of all
    (which is 100% free) : the ASP.NET QUICKSTARTS which you can install with the
    product, or visit the online version at http://asp.net site.

    Also, your AJAX info is there too, also FREE.

    The kind folks from Redmond have put a huge amount of effort into this. Not
    to sound like a broken MP3, but I've been doing this stuff since the first
    beta in 2000 - and I still go there to look up stuff when I'm having a
    "Senior moment". You should, too.
    Peter

    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, May 23, 2007
  10. SusanV

    SusanV Guest

    Thanks for the links!!

    SusanV, May 23, 2007
  11. SusanV

    SusanV Guest

    Thanks to all of you for the links and recommendations, I'll certainly look
    into all of them
    ;-D
    SusanV

    SusanV, May 23, 2007