    thanks a lot!

    ciao!
    florian

    Florian Weber, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Florian Weber wrote:
    > do you guys have any recommendations of ruby books or books
    > which are somewhat related to ruby (for sure i would be also always
    > interested in books which are not related to ruby at all, but still a
    > must to read ; )

    There's

    http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyBookList

    for example.

    I personally use the pickaxe[1] most of the time.

    Happy rubying

    Stephan

    [1] Real name: Programming Ruby. Dave Thomas & Andy Hunt. Addison-Wesley

    Stephan Kämper, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Florian Weber

    James Britt Guest

    Stephan Kämper wrote:

    > I personally use the pickaxe[1] most of the time.
    >
    > Happy rubying
    >
    > Stephan
    >

    > [1] Real name: Programming Ruby. Dave Thomas & Andy Hunt. Addison-Wesley

    The second edition is expected quite soon.

    Get it the day it comes out.

    Buy one for a friend.

    Buy one for a stranger, and make a friend.

    James

    James Britt, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Florian Weber

    Joe Laughlin Guest

    James Britt wrote:
    > Stephan Kämper wrote:
    >

    >> I personally use the pickaxe[1] most of the time.
    >>
    >> Happy rubying
    >>
    >> Stephan
    >>

    >> [1] Real name: Programming Ruby. Dave Thomas & Andy
    >> Hunt. Addison-Wesley

    > The second edition is expected quite soon.
    >
    > Get it the day it comes out.
    >
    > Buy one for a friend.
    >
    > Buy one for a stranger, and make a friend.
    >

    > James

    Know of any more info on this? Is it going to be released free online like
    the other one?

    Joe Laughlin, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Hello Joe,

    JL> Know of any more info on this? Is it going to be released free online like
    JL> the other one?

    No.
    Please use google to find the huge thread about the new edition.

    Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com

    Lothar Scholz, Aug 9, 2004
  6. Florian Weber

    James Britt Guest

    Lothar Scholz wrote:

    > Hello Joe,
    >
    > JL> Know of any more info on this? Is it going to be released free online like
    > JL> the other one?
    >
    > No.
    > Please use google to find the huge thread about the new edition.

    Yes; worth doing.

    Both dead-tree and PDF versions will be available for purchase.

    The book is really good. Bigger than the first edition. Covers more
    stuff.

    Copies will be available, I believe, by the time of the Ruby conf. in
    Virginia, USA, 1 October 2004.

    James

    James Britt, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Florian Weber wrote:
    > hi!
    >
    > do you guys have any recommendations of ruby books or books
    > which are somewhat related to ruby (for sure i would be also always
    > interested in books which are not related to ruby at all, but still a
    > must to read ; )

    Books in what language(s)? Japanese? English? German? As far as
    German and English is concerned take a look at the FAQ.

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt, Aug 11, 2004