book recommendations

Florian Weber

hi!

do you guys have any recommendations of ruby books or books
which are somewhat related to ruby (for sure i would be also always
interested in books which are not related to ruby at all, but still a
must to read ; )

thanks a lot!

ciao!
florian

Stephan Kämper

Florian said:
do you guys have any recommendations of ruby books or books
which are somewhat related to ruby (for sure i would be also always
interested in books which are not related to ruby at all, but still a
must to read ; )

There's

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyBookList

for example.

I personally use the pickaxe[1] most of the time.

Happy rubying

Stephan

[1] Real name: Programming Ruby. Dave Thomas & Andy Hunt. Addison-Wesley

James Britt

Stephan said:
I personally use the pickaxe[1] most of the time.

Happy rubying

Stephan

[1] Real name: Programming Ruby. Dave Thomas & Andy Hunt. Addison-Wesley

The second edition is expected quite soon.

Get it the day it comes out.

Buy one for a friend.

Buy one for a stranger, and make a friend.

James

Joe Laughlin

James said:
Stephan said:
I personally use the pickaxe[1] most of the time.

Happy rubying

Stephan

[1] Real name: Programming Ruby. Dave Thomas & Andy
Hunt. Addison-Wesley

The second edition is expected quite soon.

Get it the day it comes out.

Buy one for a friend.

Buy one for a stranger, and make a friend.

James

Know of any more info on this? Is it going to be released free online like
the other one?

Lothar Scholz

Hello Joe,

JL> Know of any more info on this? Is it going to be released free online like
JL> the other one?

No.
Please use google to find the huge thread about the new edition.

James Britt

Lothar said:
Hello Joe,

JL> Know of any more info on this? Is it going to be released free online like
JL> the other one?

No.
Please use google to find the huge thread about the new edition.

Yes; worth doing.

Both dead-tree and PDF versions will be available for purchase.

The book is really good. Bigger than the first edition. Covers more
stuff.

Copies will be available, I believe, by the time of the Ruby conf. in
Virginia, USA, 1 October 2004.

James

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Florian said:
hi!

do you guys have any recommendations of ruby books or books
which are somewhat related to ruby (for sure i would be also always
interested in books which are not related to ruby at all, but still a
must to read ; )

Books in what language(s)? Japanese? English? German? As far as
German and English is concerned take a look at the FAQ.

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt