booking seats - refresh other user's browser window

Guest

Hi everyone!

I'm writing a booking system website,
which needs a seat selection algorithm,
my question is,
if a user clicks on a seat (temporarily booking that one),
how will the other users navigating on the same row of seats know that the
previous user has already booked a specific seat?

Perhaps a messaging system?
i.e. send a message to all users having their browser window open on the
same row to refresh their browser's window?

After doing a search, I stumbled across this url:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...otnet-frmwrk&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1

One can find many suggestions there,
but which one seems to suit me more?

Thanks in advance!

Masudur

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public...

One can find many suggestions there,
but which one seems to suit me more?

Thanks in advance!

Hi...

you are talking about sending message from server to client ... right?
sorry friend... can't do it... what you can do is use ajax to pull the
status of your seats after a fixed interval...
and update the status of the seats...
so if a user booked a seat... you will update the status of the seat
in server or perhaps database...
then other user who are browsing the same site will receive the status
after some time... via ajax update... basically all the client browser
will pull the status of seats via ajax thanks...

if you are using desktop application this problem could be easyly
solved by using observer pattern ...
since you are in html and via http ... its hard to implement a system
like that...

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Guest

if you are using desktop application this problem could be easyly
solved by using observer pattern ...
since you are in html and via http ... its hard to implement a system
like that...

what do you mean "observer pattern"?
could you please provide me with more details?
maybe I should consider that possibility...

Masudur