Bookmark portion of URI should not be sent to server, right?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by goinoutwest, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. goinoutwest

    goinoutwest Guest

    On July 3 I started noticing some page errors in my application. All
    clients where using Windows XP - MSIE 6.0.
    It seems these clients were passing the bookmark (fragment identifier)
    portion of the URI to the server.

    For example, with the following URL:
    http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test#bookmark

    The browser should send a request for:
    http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test

    However, these clients were sending the entire URI as the request. Thus, my
    querystring parameter "myquery" had the unexpected value of "test#bookmark".
    Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Should I be posting this somewhere
    else?

    Thanks,
    Rob
    goinoutwest, Aug 5, 2004