Bookmarking by User question

vMike

Is there a way to adjust the url of the bookmark value when someone wants to
bookmark a page. When a user tries to bookmark a page they get the
non-postback
state of the page. I can use code to handle a querystring request to get
the user to the page they are want to bookmark (ex: an item they want to
purchase). Is there a header or other value I can set so that
when someone bookmarks the page it contains the necessary url infomation to
get them to the item page or is this a drawback of asp.net? The only other
alternative is a bookmarking link but I understand
that some browsers do support bookmarking java code.

Natty Gur

Hi,

I really cant understand what you after ? bookmarks on page after
PostBack ? if so smartNaviogation can help you. anyway I'll be happy to
help if you can explain your problem.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

vMike

Here is the scenario. I have a page with a datagrid. The user can click any
of the images to see the larger version of the image.This page also contains
my add to cart buttons etc. The page that displays the larger image is
generated on postback and not a redirect. If the user wants to add the
detailed page to their favorites/bookmarks or send the page to someone by
link, the saved link is the url of the unposted page. (So when they return
they get the datagrid not the item) I have built into the aspx page the
ability to accept an item number as a query string so code will display the
exact item if the querystring is present. For now I have a control on my
item page that contains the url with a querystring with instructions for the
user to right click the control and click add to favorites. I choose not to
use the window.external ... javascript because it does not work for Netscape
nor AOL. I was hoping there was some kind of header that could provide the
browser with the proper url for bookmarking if the user wants to add the
page to their favorites.