Bookmarklet problem with safari (windows version)

Amir Michail

Hi,

I have bookmarklets with a # in their urls but safari changes the
# to %23. And unfortunately, the bookmarklet does not work with %23.
You need to change it back manually to #.

Any workarounds?

Amir

cwdjrxyz

Hi,

I have bookmarklets with a # in their urls but safari changes the
# to %23. And unfortunately, the bookmarklet does not work with %23.
You need to change it back manually to #.

Any workarounds?

Are you using the new beta version of Safari just released for Windows
OS? If so, you might want to wait a while before you get too
concerned. There likely will be several changes in the final version.
I just came from alt.html, and people are reporting various problems
with this new beta release. If others are having your problem, then
someone needs to bring it to the attention of those working on this
new Safari version. I wonder if those having a final version of Safari
on a MAC have the same problem, or if this is just a bug for the new
Windows beta version. I do not have a Safari on a MAC, so I can not
test this for you.

dd

There are TONS of bugs being found now that its been released
to the public. Press the "bug" icon in front of the address
bar, and submit it to the development team.

Wait until the final is released before trying to resolve
problems like this...

If the Mac version of Safari (1.x and 2.x) are anything to go by,
then the bugs will probably remain. It's the worst browser ever
made. Mosaic 1.0 was better at handling DHTML that Safari is.