Books and web resources with real-world Java examples

philoscantos

Hi,

I am looking for print and/or web resources that give examples of real
world Java programming ----- not some useless toy application with
absolutely no utility. I have found one pretty good book. It is
called Java After Hours: 10 Projects You'll Never Do at Work
by Steve Holzner (http://www.amazon.com/Java-After-Hours-Projects-
Youll/dp/0672327473). I am looking for additional material of the
same caliber. All help is appreciated.

Also, are there any good resources pertaining to Java Network
Management? Google search is not bringing up anything useful today.

Thanks,
PC

Roedy Green

I am looking for print and/or web resources that give examples of real
world Java programming ----- not some useless toy application with
absolutely no utility. I

I have provided all kinds of apps. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/products.html

In addition I have provided small examples on how to use each AWT and
Swing component. These are toys, but toys that would be part of real
applications.

the larger apps include:
replicator
jdisplay