Books on Creating A Web Service

clusardi2k

Are there any good books on creating a web service. A book with detailed step by step examples is desired.

Thank you,

Martin Gregorie

Are there any good books on creating a web service. A book with detailed
step by step examples is desired.
What do you mean by a 'web service' and what must it support?

IOW if you start by installing a good web server, such as Apache, which
provides plain HTML and simple web logins out of the box, what else is
required? Tomcat? Beans? JSP? SQL/NoSQL DB support?

Arne Vajhøj

What do you mean by a 'web service' and what must it support?

IOW if you start by installing a good web server, such as Apache, which
provides plain HTML and simple web logins out of the box, what else is
required? Tomcat? Beans? JSP? SQL/NoSQL DB support?

The term "web service" is generally used to describe
a programmatic service with HTTP as the protocol.

In the Java world that means JAX-WS (for SOAP) and
JAX-RS (fro RESTful).

And a servlet container like Tomcat.

Arne

clusardi2k

Are there any good books on creating a web service. A book with detailed step by step examples is desired. Thank you,

I'm new to building web services. Can you recommend a "good" general book for me to read. Again, I'm trying to understand the basic steps involved. It has to be detailed/practical enough for me to use.

Thanks,

Arne Vajhøj

I'm new to building web services. Can you recommend a "good" general
book for me to read. Again, I'm trying to understand the basic steps
involved. It has to be detailed/practical enough for me to use.

What is missing in the Java EE tutorial?

Arne