BooML - Language Integrated XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Andrew Davey, Jul 1, 2006.

  1. Andrew Davey

    Andrew Davey Guest

    I've created a set of syntactic macros for the Boo programming language
    to support inline XML expressions. BooML may not look like classic XML,
    since it does not use angle brackets or closing tags. It relies instead
    on the enforced indentation of Boo (like Python). However the expanded
    code uses the standard .NET XmlTextWriter object to create well-formed
    trees.
    I've posted an example on my blog:
    http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/andrewdavey/entry/booml_language_integrated/

    The language integration makes generating XML from a datasource
    trivial!

    I've requested project hosting on SourceForge - so it will soon be open
    source.
    Any suggestions, queries, etc are welcome.

    - Andrew Davey

    (See http://boo.codehaus.org/ for info on Boo)

    Andrew Davey, Jul 1, 2006