Boost and austria C++

nin234

My apologies in advance if any one is offended by this post. I have an
unstable job in a start up company and thought of sharpening my skill
sets. I noticed that many companies are asking for boost and austria
C++ library knowledge. I am thinking of using that in my
project/learning them.

For the past 20 months , I developed a fairly complex real time multi
threaded (Posix threads) daemon in C++ using Berkeley DB, sockets, C++
concepts like templates, exceptions, auto_ptrs, virtual fns etc. All I
used was standard C++ library available with g++ on linux and solaris
and pthread and socket libraries

My question is this what does these libraries provide that is not
available in the standard libraries. I saw that boost provides a graph
class.

Jonathan Turkanis

My apologies in advance if any one is offended by this post. I have an
unstable job in a start up company and thought of sharpening my skill
sets. I noticed that many companies are asking for boost and austria
C++ library knowledge.

My question is this what does these libraries provide that is not
available in the standard libraries. I saw that boost provides a graph
class.

Have you looked at their websites? This page describes the Boost libraries:

http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm

Many core Boost libraries have been included in the first library technical
report (TR1) and are expected to be included in the next version of the C++
standard library, unless they are superceded by more general components.

Someone else will have to answer regarding Austria.

Jonathan