boost::filesystem: Aborted

Matthias

Hi,

I am currently writing a gtkmm component which acts as a file browser,
much like a small filemanager which can be embedded in gtkmm
applications as a scrolled window.

I have just rewritten the component to use the boost::filesystem classes
instead of the C functions for interacting with the filesystem.

However I am getting a strange error when I start my app: When iterating
through a directory I suddenly get the message: Aborted.

void FileBrowser::rebuild_file_list()
{
namespace boostfs = boost::filesystem;

boostfs::path cur_path( m_cur_dir );

FileContainer tail; // m_files will first only contain directories,
// while tail will contain only files
m_files.clear();

try
{
boostfs::directory_iterator end;
for( boostfs::directory_iterator dir( cur_path ); dir != end; ++dir )
{
std::cout << (*dir).string() << std::endl;
if( boostfs::is_directory( *dir ) )
m_files.push_back( *dir );
else
tail.push_back( *dir );
catch( std::runtime_error & e )
{
std::cerr << e.what() << std::endl;
}

m_files.sort( SortedByName() );
tail.sort( SortedByName() );

drx::list_concat( m_files, tail );

}

OUTPUT:

[...]
/home/mkay/.acrobat
/home/mkay/.synce
/home/mkay/.gimp-2.0
/home/mkay/.fonts
/home/mkay/.designerrctb2
/home/mkay/.eclipse
/home/mkay/.gftp
/home/mkay/.ntrc_2
/home/mkay/.DCOPserver_anthrax__0
/home/mkay/.DCOPserver_anthrax_:0
/home/mkay/.kpackage
/home/mkay/.fonts.conf
/home/mkay/.xscreensaver
/home/mkay/xdefaults_old
/home/mkay/.reslisarc
/home/mkay/.aMule
/home/mkay/.gtkrc
Aborted

At this point the application exits.

Any idea what is causing this?

Matthias

Matthias said:
[...]

Anyone? I know it's not really on topic here but I didn't know whereelse
to ask. I have absolutely no idea what's going on there.

Andreas Huber

Try the boost users list at

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user

Regards,