boost::filesystem

Michael

Is this the correct place to ask about Boost libs?
If it is..............
#include <boost/filesystem/path.hpp>

#include <boost/filesystem/operations.hpp>

using namespace boost;

using namespace boost::filesystem;

int main(int argc, char* argv[])

{

path p("C:/");

}

i am trying to run this on using VC.net compiler and comes back with errors
at runtime, citing an unhandled exception? Is this a problem with

a) my code

b) my compiler setup?

Regards

Michael

Matthias Kaeppler

Additionally to what was said, try this:

#include <boost/filesystem/path.hpp>
#include <boost/filesystem/operations.hpp>
#include <bosot/filesystem/exception.hpp>

using namespace boost;
using namespace boost::filesystem;

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
try
{
path p("C:/", native );
}
catch( const filesystem_error& e )
{
// handle exception properly

Note that boost::filesystem throws on a LOT of occasions, even in
situations which are -- in my eyes -- not exceptional at all.
So be sure to always catch possible exceptions and handle them in a sane
way (mostly outputting an error or warning message is sufficient).