Boost Protein Expression by Codon Optimization

Sally Wang

Dear Colleague,

Happy New Year!

As we know, codon preference among different species could be dramatically different. To enhance the expression level of a foreign protein in a particular expression system (E.coli, Yeast, Insect, or Mammalian cell), it is very important to adjust the codon frequency of the foreign protein to match that of the host expression system. One classic example is GFP (green fluorescent protein) which was optimized to achieve high-level of expression in mammalian cells.

GenScript has developed a proprietary algorithm for codon optimization. This algorithm can optimize sequences for protein expression using either your own codon usage table or those from publicly available codon usage database. It can converts your amino acid sequence into a DNA sequence with overall codon usage similar to a specified organism, and also optimizes the RNA secondary structure, GC content, repetitive codons etc. Using Genscript optimized synthetic genes, many of our customers have reported dramatic increase on protein expression.

The optimized gene can be synthesized by GenScript gene synthesis technology with 100% fidelity. The cost is as low as $2.35 per base pair. Our service is very flexible, we can clone the optimized gene into our standard vectors (without extra charge), or any expression vector that you provide (for $400 extra charge).

Gene synthesis is a powerful technology and it has many other applications. Another application example is to replace PCR Cloning. Please visit our web (http://www.genscript.com/gene_synthesis.html) to learn more about this technology.

Besides Gene Synthesis, we also provide custom vector-based siRNA, siRNA cassette, peptide, oligo, cloning and protein expression, biochemical reagents, and labwares. Please visit our web site (http://www.genscript.com) to learn more about our services.

Sincerely,

Sally Wang
Account Manager
GenScript Corporation
120 Centennial Ave.
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Tel: 1-732-885-9188, 1-732-357-3839
Fax: 1-732-210-0262
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Web: http://www.genscript.com

P.S. If you prefer not to receive GenScript News and Offers in email, please follow this link:
https://www.genscript.com/ssl-bin/u...21W7X7M45741X14&[email protected], and we apologize

Joe Mason

Dear Colleague,

Happy New Year!

As we know, codon preference among different species could be
dramatically different. To enhance the expression level of a foreign
protein in a particular expression system (E.coli, Yeast, Insect, or
Mammalian cell), it is very important to adjust the codon frequency of
the foreign protein to match that of the host expression system. One
classic example is GFP (green fluorescent protein) which was optimized
to achieve high-level of expression in mammalian cells.

This is the most surprising spam I've ever seen.

Everything is spelled right.

Joe

jrb3

Inadvertant(?) spammer saith:

Joe Mason replies:
This is the most surprising spam I've ever seen.

Everything is spelled right.

You think you're surprised? I work for a company whose customers would be
customers for this service -- and folks know it. I can understand my
mailbox getting this spam, but via ruby-talk???

Some marketing researcher must have confused "code optimization" for
"codon optimization" .... ;-) :)

Joseph Beckenbach
lead XP tester, Eidogen Inc.

Hal Fulton

You think you're surprised? I work for a company whose customers would be
customers for this service -- and folks know it. I can understand my
mailbox getting this spam, but via ruby-talk???

Some marketing researcher must have confused "code optimization" for
"codon optimization" .... ;-) :)

Joseph Beckenbach
lead XP tester, Eidogen Inc.

Obviously someone is a fan of genetic programming. :)

Which, BTW, I'm interested in, so if anyone ever wants to
collaborate on something, let's talk.

Hal

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Hi!

Smells like spam but it could still be on-topic if they use Ruby :-|

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

Phil Tomson

Inadvertant(?) spammer saith:

Joe Mason replies:

You think you're surprised? I work for a company whose customers would be
customers for this service -- and folks know it. I can understand my
mailbox getting this spam, but via ruby-talk???

Some marketing researcher must have confused "code optimization" for
"codon optimization" .... ;-) :)

Joseph Beckenbach
lead XP tester, Eidogen Inc.

It's quite bizarre, though. This isn't the sort of business that
sends spam far and wide - they would target their spam ;-). I wonder
if it ended up in someone's inbox and then they accidentally posted.

But who knows, maybe they did all of this with the DNA implementation
of Ruby ;-)

Phil