    on this newsgroup but perhaps I miss something new.

    (I know about C extensions and SWIG.)

    /Pavel
    Pavel Vozenilek, Oct 3, 2006

  2. Pavel Vozenilek

    pat eyler Guest

    On 10/3/06, Pavel Vozenilek <> wrote:
    > Does something like Boost.Python exist for Ruby?

    When asking questions like this, it's probably worthwhile giving a
    two or three sentence overview of what Boost.Python is/does.
    Less useful would be a URL. I'm already busy enough not to
    go looking for extra information to try to figure out someones
    question unless it really scratches an itch or fires my
    imagination.

    --
    thanks,
    -pate
    pat eyler, Oct 3, 2006

  3. Pavel Vozenilek

    Phil Tomson Guest

    On 10/3/06, Pavel Vozenilek <> wrote:
    > Does something like Boost.Python exist for Ruby?
    >
    > Couple of similar, now aborted projects, were mentioned
    > on this newsgroup but perhaps I miss something new.
    >
    > (I know about C extensions and SWIG.)

    At the moment SWIG is probably as close as it gets to boost.python.
    It seems to me that there's a lot of overlap between SWIG and
    boost.python, but it seems the latter (I haven't used boost.python,
    but I have used SWIG) is more python-centric.

    Another approach would be to use Rubyinline:
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinline/

    What are you trying to accomplish?

    Phil
    Phil Tomson, Oct 3, 2006
  4. "Phil Tomson" wrote:

    >> Does something like Boost.Python exist for Ruby?
    >>

    > Another approach would be to use Rubyinline:
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinline/

    Thanks, I'll play with it.

    > What are you trying to accomplish?

    What I am looking for is the ability to
    subclass C++ classes in a scripting
    to allow quick experimenting
    and with simple way to conver them to C++.

    /Pavel
    Pavel Vozenilek, Oct 3, 2006