Boost.Python equivalent for Ruby?

Pavel Vozenilek

Does something like Boost.Python exist for Ruby?

Couple of similar, now aborted projects, were mentioned
on this newsgroup but perhaps I miss something new.

(I know about C extensions and SWIG.)

/Pavel

pat eyler

Does something like Boost.Python exist for Ruby?

When asking questions like this, it's probably worthwhile giving a
two or three sentence overview of what Boost.Python is/does.
Less useful would be a URL. I'm already busy enough not to
go looking for extra information to try to figure out someones
question unless it really scratches an itch or fires my
imagination.

Phil Tomson

Does something like Boost.Python exist for Ruby?

Couple of similar, now aborted projects, were mentioned
on this newsgroup but perhaps I miss something new.

(I know about C extensions and SWIG.)

At the moment SWIG is probably as close as it gets to boost.python.
It seems to me that there's a lot of overlap between SWIG and
boost.python, but it seems the latter (I haven't used boost.python,
but I have used SWIG) is more python-centric.

Another approach would be to use Rubyinline:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyinline/

What are you trying to accomplish?

Phil