boost python tutorial

MakaMaka

Hi,
I'm trying to build the basic boost.python tutorial that comes with the
distribution. I'm using bjam and mingw. It builds the module, but
upon import, it gives this error:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inithello)

I've found other threads with this problem as a topic, but no
solutions. Somebody has to have solved this....

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Justin

Roman Yakovenko

Hi,
I'm trying to build the basic boost.python tutorial that comes with the
distribution. I'm using bjam and mingw. It builds the module, but
upon import, it gives this error:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inithello)

I've found other threads with this problem as a topic, but no
solutions. Somebody has to have solved this....

Any ideas?

Yes.

1. You can subscribe to boost.python mailing list.

2. Can you check whether you named you module as hello?
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(hello)

MakaMaka

I checked and it is. I can't use news servers at work b/c of the
firewall. Is there another way to access this mailing list?