bordercolor tag and w3c standers

Dark Angel

I've been working on my site and I am so close to having it 100% checked by
w3c but I am having problems with the bordercolor="#000000" tag.
It seems that bordercolor is not an html 4.01 standered.
Is there an altantaive to get my bordercolor on my table black and able to
pass the test?

--

Best Regards
Dark Angel

http://www.stateofmind.me.uk RPG Fan Site
"Don't just play it, be part of it"

Karl Groves

Dark Angel said:
I've been working on my site and I am so close to having it 100% checked by
w3c but I am having problems with the bordercolor="#000000" tag.
It seems that bordercolor is not an html 4.01 standered.
Is there an altantaive to get my bordercolor on my table black and able to
pass the test?

CSS - put this in the <head> of the document:
/* Be careful, this will put a border around EVERY table */
table{border: 1px solid black; }/* will make a 1 pixel black border around
the perimeter of the table, provided you have 'cellspacing="0" ' */
td, th{border: 1px solid black;}/* will make a 1 pixel black border around
each table cell */

If you don't want the border around all tables on the page, then ID the
table and reflect that in the CSS

and the CSS would be
#border_table{border: 1px solid black;}
#border_table td, #border_table th{border: 1px solid black;}

See sample at: http://karlcore.com/usenet/bordercolor.html

-Karl