    </select>

    This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

    Evan

    Evan Camilleri, Sep 7, 2007

  2. I tried once before and couldn't do it, but you can make one using DHTML

    ThatsIT.net.au, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Evan Camilleri

    Greg Barnett Guest

    Have you tried styling the select/drop down box in css? and applying it too
    the box. You should be able to do it that way, although ive never attempted
    to remove the border on a drop down box, you may not be able to remove the
    border itself, but why not try change the border colour to whatever colour
    your drop down box's background color is, will look as though it hasnt a
    border then.

    Greg

    Greg Barnett, Sep 7, 2007
  4. Evan Camilleri

    marss Guest

    On 7 , 14:11, "Evan Camilleri" <> wrote:

    > I managed to remove the border round the textbox in ie/firefox but not the
    > dropdown list box in IE (in Firefox it works)
    >
    > <select name="select" id="select" style="width:100%; border:0px" >
    > <option>Query Qry_Schedule</option>
    > </select>
    >
    > This works in Firefox but not in IE ... any idea?

    Give up. Unfortunately, it is impossible in IE.

    Regards,
    Mykola
    http://marss.co.ua

    marss, Sep 7, 2007
  5. that's what i thought

    Evan Camilleri, Sep 7, 2007
  6. "Greg Barnett" <> wrote in message
    > Have you tried styling the select/drop down box in css? and applying it
    > too the box. You should be able to do it that way, although ive never
    > attempted to remove the border on a drop down box, you may not be able to
    > remove the border itself, but why not try change the border colour to
    > whatever colour your drop down box's background color is, will look as
    > though it hasnt a border then.

    this all works on text boxs buttons and such, but not on drop downs

    ThatsIT.net.au, Sep 7, 2007
  7. yes :( on firefox it works fine ..... on IE not
    Have not tried it on others but i guess those are the 2 most used (???)

    Evan

    Evan Camilleri, Sep 7, 2007
  8. Evan Camilleri

    Greg Barnett Guest

    Nothings impossible ;-)

    Greg Barnett, Sep 7, 2007
  9. Evan Camilleri

    Greg Barnett Guest

    Nothings impossible.

    Greg Barnett, Sep 7, 2007
  10. Evan Camilleri

    marss Guest

    On 7 , 18:35, "Greg Barnett" <> wrote:

    > Nothings impossible ;-)

    Select element presents DropDownList control in HTML.
    There is no border attribute or border style that can be applied to
    select.

    I do not deny that by means of other HTML elements you can create
    something that looks like select element but it requires a lot of HTML
    and javascript.
    You can't specify border of select element.
    I'll be happy to admit my error if you prove your point of view with
    something more essential then Adidas's promotional slogan :)

    Regards,
    Mykola
    http://marss.co.ua

    marss, Sep 10, 2007
  11. I agree and I did it.... a workround. I created a DIV element with a border
    which sits on top of the SELECT tag... Quite crude but good. I'try to put
    it in my blogs on EvanCamilleri.com

    Evan

    > Nothings impossible ;-)
    > "Evan Camilleri" <> wrote in message
    >> that's what i thought
    >>
    >> "marss" <> wrote in message

    >>> Give up. Unfortunately, it is impossible in IE.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Mykola

    Evan Camilleri, Sep 11, 2007