Borders around tables?

Helen

OK, I have just redesigned my site [ www.amydumasfansite.net ] and I am
pretty happy with it but when I voew the site in IE there is a black border
around the table - as there is supposed to be- however, in firefox the
border doesn't show up. How do I get the border to show up in firefox?

Any help greatfully recieved.

Chris Beall

Helen said:
OK, I have just redesigned my site [ www.amydumasfansite.net ] and I am
pretty happy with it but when I voew the site in IE there is a black border
around the table - as there is supposed to be- however, in firefox the
border doesn't show up. How do I get the border to show up in firefox?

Any help greatfully recieved.

Helen,

I see <table width=640 bordercolor=#000000
but the HTML spec does not contain any bordercolor attribute.

In Netscape and Opera, I see borders that have a 'recessed' styling,
i.e. the top and left sides are dark while the bottom and right sides
are light. In IE I see equally dark border all around. I deduce that
this is default styling, as I don't see anything specified.

In general, you will get more consistent results if you:
- Use a DOCTYPE.
- Use a 'Strict' DOCTYPE.
- Update your code to use CSS rather than style-related attributes on
the HTML tags.
More info at http://pages.prodigy.net/chris_beall/TC/index.html

Chris Beall

Helen

It don't matter now as I've made some adjustments and got rid of the border
after deciding I didn't really like it after all.

Jonathan N. Little

Helen said:
It don't matter now as I've made some adjustments and got rid of the border
after deciding I didn't really like it after all.

Wow, you can *that* close to possibly learning something!