    around the table - as there is supposed to be- however, in firefox the
    border doesn't show up. How do I get the border to show up in firefox?

    Any help greatfully recieved.

    Helen, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Helen

    Chris Beall Guest

    Helen wrote:

    > OK, I have just redesigned my site [ www.amydumasfansite.net ] and I am
    > pretty happy with it but when I voew the site in IE there is a black border
    > around the table - as there is supposed to be- however, in firefox the
    > border doesn't show up. How do I get the border to show up in firefox?
    >
    > Any help greatfully recieved.

    Helen,

    I see <table width=640 bordercolor=#000000
    but the HTML spec does not contain any bordercolor attribute.

    In Netscape and Opera, I see borders that have a 'recessed' styling,
    i.e. the top and left sides are dark while the bottom and right sides
    are light. In IE I see equally dark border all around. I deduce that
    this is default styling, as I don't see anything specified.

    In general, you will get more consistent results if you:
    - Use a DOCTYPE.
    - Use a 'Strict' DOCTYPE.
    - Update your code to use CSS rather than style-related attributes on
    the HTML tags.
    More info at http://pages.prodigy.net/chris_beall/TC/index.html

    Chris Beall

    Chris Beall, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Helen

    Helen Guest

    Borders around tables? - doesn't matter

    It don't matter now as I've made some adjustments and got rid of the border
    after deciding I didn't really like it after all.

    Helen, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Re: Borders around tables? - doesn't matter

    Helen wrote:

    > It don't matter now as I've made some adjustments and got rid of the border
    > after deciding I didn't really like it after all.

    Wow, you can *that* close to possibly learning something!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO