Borders (I hate IE)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rtconner, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. rtconner

    rtconner Guest

    Ok, help me out here. Given the following code snippet, why does my box
    only have a border on 3 sides in internet explorer? What can I do to
    fix it? This is pissing me off. It works fine in mozilla, its just IE
    that doesnt seem to know that a border goes on 4 sides, not 3.

    cellpadding="0"
    style="margin:1px;margin-left:30px;border:1px;border-color:#000000;border-style:
    solid;">
    this should have a border on all sides<br />
    the border is only on three sides.. why???<br
    />
    i hate internet explorer

    this is just a filler, ignore it

    rtconner, Oct 20, 2005

  2. rtconner wrote:

    > Ok, help me out here. Given the following code snippet, why does my box
    > only have a border on 3 sides in internet explorer? What can I do to
    > fix it? This is pissing me off. It works fine in mozilla, its just IE
    > that doesnt seem to know that a border goes on 4 sides, not 3.

    > <snipped>

    wow. lots of tables to traverse....

    In your lowest table, its width is 100%.
    However, its left margin is 30 px. Therefore, the way I understand it, this
    lowest tables right boundary will push outside its parent by 30px.

    compare the two yucky tables here....
    the first one has width property, the second does not. Check it out in IE
    and others.

    --
    order beef jerky online :
    http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au/order_online.html

    Disco Octopus, Oct 20, 2005

  3. rtconner

    rtconner Guest

    Ok so I want that left table to take up as much space as possible. That
    was why I had the 100% in there.

    If you change it to what is below, the inner table does not expand at
    all. How do I make it expand to 100% and still keep the border within
    view? And why does this work in Mozilla fine, but not IE?

    rtconner, Oct 21, 2005
  4. rtconner

    rtconner Guest

    no ideas?