Borders (I hate IE)

rtconner

Ok, help me out here. Given the following code snippet, why does my box
only have a border on 3 sides in internet explorer? What can I do to
fix it? This is pissing me off. It works fine in mozilla, its just IE
that doesnt seem to know that a border goes on 4 sides, not 3.

cellpadding="0"
style="margin:1px;margin-left:30px;border:1px;border-color:#000000;border-style:
solid;">
this should have a border on all sides<br />
the border is only on three sides.. why???<br
/>
i hate internet explorer

this is just a filler, ignore it

Disco Octopus

rtconner said:
Ok, help me out here. Given the following code snippet, why does my box
only have a border on 3 sides in internet explorer? What can I do to
fix it? This is pissing me off. It works fine in mozilla, its just IE
that doesnt seem to know that a border goes on 4 sides, not 3.

wow. lots of tables to traverse....

In your lowest table, its width is 100%.
However, its left margin is 30 px. Therefore, the way I understand it, this
lowest tables right boundary will push outside its parent by 30px.

compare the two yucky tables here....
the first one has width property, the second does not. Check it out in IE
and others.

rtconner

Ok so I want that left table to take up as much space as possible. That
was why I had the 100% in there.

If you change it to what is below, the inner table does not expand at
all. How do I make it expand to 100% and still keep the border within
view? And why does this work in Mozilla fine, but not IE?