    Thanks,

    Peter.
    , Apr 10, 2006

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi There,
    >
    > I have a number of tables on my website. The problem is that the tables
    > seem to have an imaginary width around the edges. E.G. there are no
    > visible lines around the tables, but when I have 2 tables together the
    > contents of the 2 tables cannot be touching.
    >
    > Is there a table edge width attribute?

    Have you applied any border-collapse or border-spacing styles to your
    tables?

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Apr 10, 2006

    I don't know, I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
    done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.

    How can I check.

    Thanks.
    , Apr 10, 2006
  4. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't know, I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
    > done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.
    >
    > How can I check.

    Have a look? Also check any associated stylesheets.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Apr 10, 2006
  5. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, declaimed:

    > I don't know, I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
    > done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.

    Interesting. Very interesting...

    > How can I check.

    By learning what you're doing in the first place. You are relying on a
    crutch whose output you seem to know nothing about. WYSIWYG html editors,
    any of them, are notoriously inept at producing valid markup, and even if
    they happen to get something "right", it may not be quite what you want.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 10, 2006
  6. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > I am using visual web developer 2005, so that might have
    > done it automatically, or I might have done it by accident.

    This is why "idiot-proof" tools are bad. When they don't do just what
    you want straightaway, you're left staring at them with no real
    understanding of where to go next.

    To help you further we need to know the URL so that we can see it. Then
    it's probably just a matter of some simple CSS changes.
    Andy Dingley, Apr 10, 2006