Borland application password recovery.

techjohnny

I have an application called "abulafia.exe" with a dll abu.dll. This
program was created in 1991 by Andrew Bulhak with Bitwise
Technology.

I have a file that has been password protected, and I'd like to open
this file, but without the password, it's near impossible for me. I
was hoping somebody could look at this application and see if there's
a way to brute force your way into a password protected file.

Many thanks,

--JP

(ps: anybody interested I can include a link to the d/l of this
application and .dll)

Victor Bazarov

[..]
I have a file that has been password protected, and I'd like to open
this file, but without the password, it's near impossible for me. I
was hoping somebody could look at this application and see if there's
a way to brute force your way into a password protected file.
[..]

I believe you've confused this newsgroup with one with 'hacker' in its
name. Please find the appropriate newsgroups when posting, that's one
of the basic principles of Usenet. Thanks and good luck!

techjohnny

[..]
I have a file that has been password protected, and I'd like to open
this file, but without the password, it's near impossible for me. I
was hoping somebody could look at this application and see if there's
a way to brute force your way into a password protected file.
[..]

I believe you've confused this newsgroup with one with 'hacker' in its
name. Please find the appropriate newsgroups when posting, that's one
of the basic principles of Usenet. Thanks and good luck!

OK. I understand. Although, I realize most good "hackers" are
programmers. I will look at my other options, thanks.

Pavel Lepin

I have an application called "abulafia.exe" with a dll
abu.dll. This program was created in 1991 by Andrew
Bulhak with Bitwise Technology.

No way! It was written by Jacopo Belbo while working at
Garamond Publishing. But nice try anyway.
I have a file that has been password protected, and I'd
like to open
this file, but without the password, it's near impossible
for me. I was hoping somebody could look at this
application and see if there's a way to brute force your
way into a password protected file.

The password is 'no', of course.