Borland C++ 4.52

Frederick Williams

Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the license/licence
owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
earlier version.
Tia.

Ivan Vecerina

"Frederick Williams" <[email protected]>
wrote in message : Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
: years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
: that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the
license/licence
: owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
: earlier version.
Do you mind a more recent version ?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=borland+c+++free
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=borland+C+++compiler
--> v5.5 free download as second or third item
Many other vendors offer free C++ command-line compilers,
and even free IDE editions. Just look it up...

: Tia.
Do yourself and this forum a favor: do a basic search
before posting such a trivial question...

Frederick Williams

Ivan said:
before posting such a trivial question...

Despite the triviality of the question, you have failed to answer it.
Note that I refer (quite unambiguously) to version 4.52 or earlier, not
5.5.

Ivan Vecerina

"Frederick Williams" <[email protected]>
wrote in message : Ivan Vecerina wrote:
: >
: > ...
: > before posting such a trivial question...
:
: Despite the triviality of the question, you have failed to answer it.
: Note that I refer (quite unambiguously) to version 4.52 or earlier,
not
: 5.5.
I did ask:
> Do you mind a more recent version ?
Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later one,
especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this NG.
Forgive my misunderstanding.
If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.

Thanks.

Gernot Frisch

Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later
one,
especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this
NG.
Forgive my misunderstanding.
If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.

I think it was able to make 16 bit applications. So you can code for
Nokia Communicator e.g.
I didn't find one, that's why I sold my Nokia back then.

-Gernot

Ivan Vecerina

:
: > Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later
: > one,
: > especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this
: > NG.
: > Forgive my misunderstanding.
: > If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
: > compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.
:
: I think it was able to make 16 bit applications. So you can code for
: Nokia Communicator e.g.
: I didn't find one, that's why I sold my Nokia back then.

If targeting 16-bit x86 was the objective of the OP, it would have
been a good idea to mention it.
I think that other free C++ compilers support 16-bit x86 (DOS or
windows). Shouldn't gcc do it? Then there is Digital Mars:
http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html
It even appears to have a Borland C++ command-line emulator...
It is not the most standard-compliant, but other compilers of
that era wouldn't be much better anyway...

Cheers,
Ivan

Thomas Tutone

Frederick said:
Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the license/licence
owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
earlier version.
Tia.

<OT/>

Borland sells Turbo C++ 4.5 as a "classic" edition:

http://tinyurl.com/kqcbs

They also offer Turbo C++ 1.1 for free:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/21751

</OT>