    --
    Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.
    Hug a hoodie, pat a paki, snog a wog, jump a jew.

    Frederick Williams, Oct 15, 2006

  2. Re: Borland C++ 4.52 [just google it...]

    "Frederick Williams" <>
    wrote in message news:...
    : Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
    : years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
    : that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the
    license/licence
    : owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
    : earlier version.
    Do you mind a more recent version ?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=borland c++ free
    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=borland C++ compiler
    --> v5.5 free download as second or third item
    Many other vendors offer free C++ command-line compilers,
    and even free IDE editions. Just look it up...

    : Tia.
    Do yourself and this forum a favor: do a basic search
    before posting such a trivial question...

    Ivan Vecerina, Oct 15, 2006

  3. Re: Borland C++ 4.52 [just google it...]

    Ivan Vecerina wrote:

    > before posting such a trivial question...

    Despite the triviality of the question, you have failed to answer it.
    Note that I refer (quite unambiguously) to version 4.52 or earlier, not
    5.5.

    Frederick Williams, Oct 15, 2006
  4. Re: Borland C++ 4.52 [OT]

    "Frederick Williams" <>
    wrote in message news:...
    : Ivan Vecerina wrote:
    : >
    : > ...
    : > before posting such a trivial question...
    :
    : Despite the triviality of the question, you have failed to answer it.
    : Note that I refer (quite unambiguously) to version 4.52 or earlier,
    not
    : 5.5.
    I did ask:
    > Do you mind a more recent version ?

    Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later one,
    especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this NG.
    Forgive my misunderstanding.
    If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
    compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.

    Thanks.

    Ivan Vecerina, Oct 15, 2006
  5. Re: Borland C++ 4.52 [OT]

    > Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later
    > one,
    > especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this
    > NG.
    > Forgive my misunderstanding.
    > If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
    > compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.

    I think it was able to make 16 bit applications. So you can code for
    Nokia Communicator e.g.
    I didn't find one, that's why I sold my Nokia back then.

    -Gernot

    Gernot Frisch, Oct 16, 2006
  6. Re: Borland C++ 4.52 [OT]

    "Gernot Frisch" <> wrote in message
    :
    : > Beats me why you'd be ok with an earlier version, but not a later
    : > one,
    : > especially as this makes your question even less relevant to this
    : > NG.
    : > Forgive my misunderstanding.
    : > If your request is for a specific, antiquated version of a specific
    : > compiler, try posting it on a forum dedicated to that compiler.
    :
    : I think it was able to make 16 bit applications. So you can code for
    : Nokia Communicator e.g.
    : I didn't find one, that's why I sold my Nokia back then.

    If targeting 16-bit x86 was the objective of the OP, it would have
    been a good idea to mention it.
    I think that other free C++ compilers support 16-bit x86 (DOS or
    windows). Shouldn't gcc do it? Then there is Digital Mars:
    http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html
    It even appears to have a Borland C++ command-line emulator...
    It is not the most standard-compliant, but other compilers of
    that era wouldn't be much better anyway...

    Cheers,
    Ivan

    Ivan Vecerina, Oct 16, 2006
  7. Frederick Williams wrote:

    > Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from? Some
    > years ago it was available "free" on a magazine cover. So I'm hoping
    > that it's available from somewhere without upsetting the license/licence
    > owners, but I can't find it on Borland's web pages. I'd settle for an
    > earlier version.
    > Tia.

    <OT/>

    Borland sells Turbo C++ 4.5 as a "classic" edition:

    http://tinyurl.com/kqcbs

    They also offer Turbo C++ 1.1 for free:

    http://bdn.borland.com/article/21751

    </OT>

    Best regards,

    Tom

    Thomas Tutone, Oct 17, 2006
  8. Thomas Tutone wrote:

    > Frederick Williams wrote:
    >
    > > Does anybody know where I can download Borland C++ 4.52 from?

    > Borland sells Turbo C++ 4.5 as a "classic" edition:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/kqcbs

    Many thanks. Fifty dollars isn't bad is it?

    Frederick Williams, Oct 17, 2006