    module. I don't really want to fool around with anything else. </disclaimer>

    Thanks in Advance.

    -Eli
    Eli Hughes, Nov 16, 2005

  2. Eli Hughes wrote:

    > Hello All:
    >
    > Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Borland Turbo C version
    > 3.0? I have piece of embedded hardware (Lantronix Xport) that can be
    > reprogrammed but I need an old x86 compiler

    [...]

    <OT>
    Borland has made some of their old software available for free. Check
    <http://community.borland.com/museum> for details. If it's not there,
    you'll need to look somewhere else.
    </OT>

    Once you have a compiler up and running, if you have questions related
    to C itself (not Borland/DOS/Windows/hardware specific), I'm sure that
    people here will be glad to help.

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>
    Kenneth Brody, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Eli Hughes

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <dlfgl0$1hng$>, Eli Hughes
    <> writes
    >Hello All:
    >
    >Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Borland Turbo C version
    >3.0? I have piece of embedded hardware (Lantronix Xport) that can be
    >reprogrammed but I need an old x86 compiler
    >
    ><disclaimer> I am not interested in using GCC or anything else for this.
    > The Manufacturer says that they write all of there firmware for this
    >device with Turbo C 3. I have their makefiles and utilities to convert
    >output files into proper binary files for download into the Xport
    >module. I don't really want to fool around with anything else. </disclaimer>
    >
    >Thanks in Advance.
    >
    >-Eli

    Hi,

    I have a full legal version of this (on 5 3.5 floppies). What is the
    legal position on me send in Eli a copy? Most of the old Borland stuff
    is now on free download.

    Regards
    Chris

    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    Chris Hills, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Chris Hills said:

    > In article <dlfgl0$1hng$>, Eli Hughes
    > <> writes
    >>Hello All:
    >>
    >>Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Borland Turbo C version
    >>3.0? I have piece of embedded hardware (Lantronix Xport) that can be
    >>reprogrammed but I need an old x86 compiler

    <snip>

    > I have a full legal version of this (on 5 3.5 floppies). What is the
    > legal position on me send in Eli a copy? Most of the old Borland stuff
    > is now on free download.

    I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is this: the copyright still rests with
    Borland. If they want to make it freely available for download from their
    site (and I'm not at all sure that TC3 has been released in that manner),
    that's up to them, but to do so does not mean that they have granted *you*
    a right to copy.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Nov 17, 2005