Borland Turbo C 3.0

Eli Hughes

Hello All:

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Borland Turbo C version
3.0? I have piece of embedded hardware (Lantronix Xport) that can be
reprogrammed but I need an old x86 compiler

<disclaimer> I am not interested in using GCC or anything else for this.
The Manufacturer says that they write all of there firmware for this
device with Turbo C 3. I have their makefiles and utilities to convert
output files into proper binary files for download into the Xport
module. I don't really want to fool around with anything else. </disclaimer>

Thanks in Advance.

-Eli

Kenneth Brody

Eli said:
Hello All:

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Borland Turbo C version
3.0? I have piece of embedded hardware (Lantronix Xport) that can be
reprogrammed but I need an old x86 compiler
[...]

<OT>
Borland has made some of their old software available for free. Check
<http://community.borland.com/museum> for details. If it's not there,
you'll need to look somewhere else.
</OT>

Once you have a compiler up and running, if you have questions related
to C itself (not Borland/DOS/Windows/hardware specific), I'm sure that
people here will be glad to help.

Chris Hills

Eli Hughes said:
Hello All:

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Borland Turbo C version
3.0? I have piece of embedded hardware (Lantronix Xport) that can be
reprogrammed but I need an old x86 compiler

<disclaimer> I am not interested in using GCC or anything else for this.
The Manufacturer says that they write all of there firmware for this
device with Turbo C 3. I have their makefiles and utilities to convert
output files into proper binary files for download into the Xport
module. I don't really want to fool around with anything else. </disclaimer>

Thanks in Advance.

-Eli

Hi,

I have a full legal version of this (on 5 3.5 floppies). What is the
legal position on me send in Eli a copy? Most of the old Borland stuff
is now on free download.

Regards
Chris

Richard Heathfield

Chris Hills said:
I have a full legal version of this (on 5 3.5 floppies). What is the
legal position on me send in Eli a copy? Most of the old Borland stuff
is now on free download.

I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is this: the copyright still rests with
Borland. If they want to make it freely available for download from their
site (and I'm not at all sure that TC3 has been released in that manner),
that's up to them, but to do so does not mean that they have granted *you*
a right to copy.