    Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as
    an ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really
    match for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

    Herhor, Dec 30, 2006

  2. Herhor

    noone Guest

    On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:28:39 +0100, Herhor wrote:

    > Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as an
    > ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really match
    > for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

    Interesting reuse of an old marketing name. the original Borland
    compilers were the "turbo" series...back in the early 90s.

    Back in those days the "turbo" compilers were a better choice than the M$
    tools of that era.

    noone, Dec 31, 2006

  3. Herhor wrote:
    > Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as
    > an ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really
    > match for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

    When I tried Turbo Delphi a couple of weeks ago, I really liked it. I
    have switched to using it for my personal projects.

    I haven't tried the new Turbo C++ yet, but if it's anything like Turbo
    Delphi, I would definitely recommend trying it.

    Markus Svilans, Dec 31, 2006
  4. Herhor

    Tony Guest

    "Herhor" <> wrote in message
    > Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as an
    > ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really match
    > for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

    I examined it a bit a few weeks ago. I'm sticking with VC++ because the
    code folding is so much better.

    Tony

    Tony, Dec 31, 2006
  5. Herhor

    Mike Smith Guest

    noone wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:28:39 +0100, Herhor wrote:
    >
    >> Recently Borland has been hyping its new line of RADs called "Turbo" as an
    >> ultimate tool for beginning programmers. Are these products really match
    >> for Microsoft's "Visual Studio"?

    > Interesting reuse of an old marketing name. the original Borland
    > compilers were the "turbo" series...back in the early 90s.

    '90s? I was using Turbo Pascal v3 in 1987. I think v1 came out in '84
    or '85.

    --
    Mike Smith

    Mike Smith, Jan 1, 2007