    and password.
    Can I turn that off?

    Thanks

    markgoldin, Oct 10, 2008

  2. markgoldin

    Dooza Guest

    markgoldin wrote:
    > I have put together a very simple internal web site that runs on Windows
    > 2003 Server.
    > Anonymous access is not selected.
    > When I navigate to it for the first time Browser (IE) prompts for username
    > and password.
    > Can I turn that off?

    You need Anonymous access selected

    Dooza

    Dooza, Oct 10, 2008

  3. markgoldin

    markgoldin Guest

    But how come SQL 2008 Reprting Services that runs from the same Web server
    does not prompt?
    No Anonymous access selected for a RS virtual directory.

    markgoldin, Oct 10, 2008
  4. markgoldin

    Evertjan. Guest

    markgoldin wrote on 10 okt 2008 in

    > "Dooza" <> wrote in message
    >> markgoldin wrote:
    >>> I have put together a very simple internal web site that runs on
    >>> Windows 2003 Server.
    >>> Anonymous access is not selected.
    >>> When I navigate to it for the first time Browser (IE) prompts for
    >>> username and password.
    >>> Can I turn that off?

    >> You need Anonymous access selected

    [Please do not toppost on usenet]

    > But how come SQL 2008 Reprting Services that runs from the same Web
    > server does not prompt?
    > No Anonymous access selected for a RS virtual directory.

    Seems to me that that has Anonymous access selected or it's equivalent.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 10, 2008
  5. "markgoldin" <> wrote in message
    >I have put together a very simple internal web site that runs on Windows
    >2003 Server.
    > Anonymous access is not selected.
    > When I navigate to it for the first time Browser (IE) prompts for username
    > and password.
    > Can I turn that off?

    Are you using a FQDN when accessing the site or just the host name?

    IE treats a site accessed using just the hostname as being in the intranet
    zone. If you are using a FQDN then the client IE needs to have that name
    added to its sites list for the intranet zone.

    By default only sites specified as being in the intranet zone will be sent
    the current users credentials.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Oct 11, 2008