botlist source to be released (jruby/spring/tomcat app)

Discussion in 'Java' started by Berlin Brown, Aug 31, 2007.

  1. Berlin  Brown

    Berlin Brown Guest

    I am debating releasing the source a news aggregation site.
    Basically, if you hate developing in php/rails (I am not a fan of
    rails) but want something to drop into tomcat, you can use this. It
    may work as a template for a college project, a kind of basic webapp.
    If I release it, I will release it through my site, see what the
    reponse is and then possibly release on sourceforge.

    Also, is there anything (feature wise) that would make you use it?

    Basically, what is botlist. Botlist is a social networking application
    that contains a news aggregator/news/article submission site. There is
    an ads listing section so that users can post personal/ad profiles.
    The application itself is created with the following frameworks JRuby
    and J2EE's Spring framework. It is tested to run with Tomcat but
    should work with other J2EE servers. Search functionality uses the
    Lucene libraries.

    News aggregation (some links will be included); over hundred and fifty
    thousands links thus far.

    1b. Reply to comments, up or down vote the news articles, similar to
    digg like sites.
    Comma delimited output for easy, text based access
    Numerous documentation on architecture
    Discussion Forums section
    User profiles
    Ad/Profile listing section, listed by city
    Sort search by relevancy, submit date

    http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/
    http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/spring/forums/forumviewtopic.html?viewid=214&commentsct=0

    http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/spring/forums/forumviewtopic.html?viewid=217&commentsct=0