botlist source to be released (jruby/spring/tomcat app)

Berlin Brown

I am debating releasing the source a news aggregation site.
Basically, if you hate developing in php/rails (I am not a fan of
rails) but want something to drop into tomcat, you can use this. It
may work as a template for a college project, a kind of basic webapp.
If I release it, I will release it through my site, see what the
reponse is and then possibly release on sourceforge.

Also, is there anything (feature wise) that would make you use it?

Basically, what is botlist. Botlist is a social networking application
that contains a news aggregator/news/article submission site. There is
an ads listing section so that users can post personal/ad profiles.
The application itself is created with the following frameworks JRuby
and J2EE's Spring framework. It is tested to run with Tomcat but
should work with other J2EE servers. Search functionality uses the
Lucene libraries.

News aggregation (some links will be included); over hundred and fifty
thousands links thus far.

1b. Reply to comments, up or down vote the news articles, similar to
digg like sites.
Comma delimited output for easy, text based access
Numerous documentation on architecture
Discussion Forums section
User profiles
Ad/Profile listing section, listed by city
Sort search by relevancy, submit date

http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/
http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/spring/forums/forumviewtopic.html?viewid=214&commentsct=0

http://www.botspiritcompany.com/botlist/spring/forums/forumviewtopic.html?viewid=217&commentsct=0