Boulder-Denver Ruby Group - May 24th

mghaught

The Boulder-Denver Ruby group will hold its next meeting on Wednesday,
May 24th starting at 6pm at the Mobius building (directions below). Ara
Howard will be running a Ruby challenge focusing on DRb. Plan to
either bring your ruby-enabled laptop or look over someone's shoulder.
The challenge will center around the power and simplicity that DRb
offers Ruby programs. The goal is to create a SETI-like DRb servant
which can submit and run jobs from a loosely coupled cluster of
hetro-geneous nodes. It should be interesting to see how we do. We'll
have our regular break for food and chatting after we get the challenge
underway. No knowledge of DRb is necessary as we'll be covering the
basics before diving into the code.

For those of you who haven't been coming down, we do have some table
space with electrical outlets for your laptops but you'll want to come
early as those spots fill up quickly. There is wireless and wired
access available. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,
Marty

Directions:
Mobius Building
100 Superior Plaza Way, Suite 200
Superior, CO 80027

URL to google maps:
http://tinyurl.com/dc9be

Enter through the door between the Superior Liquor store and Super Joe
Coffee (marked Mobius/Return Path). Notice, this door is locked after
hours. We'll have a phone number posted on the door that you can call
on your cell if you'll be late. The gathering will be up the stairs
and it's the first conference room on your right, marked "Demonstration
Room".