    Administrator" or "Failed email." Does anyone know or know where I can
    look?

    Cheers

    Rob Imbeault, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Rob Imbeault

    Ray at Guest

    You may be more likely to find an answer about mail header standards in an
    Exchange, Outlook, or SMTP group if not here.

    Ray at work

    "Rob Imbeault" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am building a script that catches emails. I have access to the email
    > source and I would like to distinguish between bounced emails,

    auto-replies
    > and real replies. Is there a standard that all servers follow for

    rejected

    Ray at, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Rob Imbeault

    Dan Boylett Guest

    > You may be more likely to find an answer about mail header standards in an
    > Exchange, Outlook, or SMTP group if not here.
    >
    > Ray at work

    Though, in the meantime [1], the approach I took was to examine the emails I
    was getting and then write
    a couple of Reg Ex's to cater for them.

    I'm able to pull out about 99% of the addresses from the bounce backs.

    Trail and error also works - if you make sure your program doesn't delete
    the emails you can keep trying until it reads successfully and then do it.

    [1] or is that encouraging bad habits? :)

    Finally, I did it in VB.Net - I can't see a reason for doing it in ASP.

    Dan Boylett, Jan 15, 2004