boundcolumn formatting question

Guest

Hi folks,
I'm using VS 2003 with Framework 1.1
I'm writing an intranet application that makes use of Datagrids

I will be creating the columns declaratively (and not using autogenerate)

I wish to tie various CSS styles with any various column particularly for
the purposes of width/height/padding and borders

I know that CSS doesn't deal with the level of abstraction of a datagrid
bound column and works only with XHTML (or XML) elements, which is what the
bound column becomes when sent via HTTP to the browser.

so am I right in thinking that I set the CSS rule to be for the <TD> element
but with a different class and/or ID class for each differently formatted
column?
if so, how do I say that this column is this CSS class...do I just give each
column and ID or class and that's that?

or is all that wrong and you know of a better way of solving this problem

Regards and Thanks in advance,
CharlesA