Boundfield display value

Peter

Hi

I have a <asp:Boundfield> which returns the value of a datasource field. Can I have the text display something else depending on
the value of the field ? Let's say

Field Contents Display
1 a
2 b
3 c
4 d
5 e

Thanks
Peter

Peter

Thanks Mark.. I got it both in my Gridview and DetailsView. But one last question, in a GridView, I need to use Cells[0], Cells[1],
Cells[3], etc.... to refer to the cell contents in displayed order. .. What if I add or remove a boundfield later on, I need to
chagne the reference number all over the place.. Can I refer to the Field name directly somehow ?

Regards,
Peter

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
Thanks Mark but what's the substitute for RowDataBound in DetailsView

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.detailsview.itemcreated.aspx

Peter

Gotcha...that seems to be a pretty good solution.

Thanks again
Peter

Mark Rae said:
*** [please don't top-post] ***
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

http://forums.asp.net/p/1190117/2058828.aspx#2058828
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.gridview.rowdatabound.aspx

Thanks Mark but what's the substitute for RowDataBound in DetailsView

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.detailsview.itemcreated.aspx

in a GridView, I need to use Cells[0], Cells[1], Cells[3], etc.... to refer to the cell contents in displayed order. ..

That's correct.

What if I add or remove a bound field later on, I need to change the reference number all over the place..

That's correct.

Can I refer to the Field name directly somehow?

Not directly. You can do something like this:
http://forums.asp.net/p/1079673/1594202.aspx#1594202